Grow tent help

Potmanpaddy

Evening ladies and gents, couple of questions 

I’m starting to setup my gear and I’m wanting some advice on locations etc before I put things in the wrong place haha, my tent is a hydrolab 120.
Extraction fan and filter

intake Fan

ballast for lights

Also is it best to have both fans inside the tent?

thanks in advance for the help. 

You dont need the fans inside the tent if you dont want them in there, I have my extraction fan running in the loft at the end of 5m of acoustic ducting connected to my filter,

my intake fan sits on the outside roof of the tent & blows air in to the tent via some ducting, also, if noise is an issue with the fans running at full power, you might need to invest in a fan controller to slow the fans down.

as for tent placement, its best to have it somewhere that the light cant be seen when the tents door is open & the lights on !

lol otherwise you've just bought yourself a lighthouse lol

ps, welcome to the club.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

tried to run a 1.2 square tent on a 600w mh for veg and hps for flower. was in the uk during july august so was balls to the wall hot and i bought a cool tube. running a 5" extractor through a carbon filter i still had to add a 4" intake with 5 metres of ducting pulling cooler air from the top of my stairs....... and now the winter hits lol and u need to heat the room at lights out. From my vast experience of 2 grows bro find the ambient temp of the room and the difference between the room and your tent after 6 hours. u might need to pull or dump air, think of it as a box inside a box

• Like 2

@stalkydave  a 5" fan is a bit on the under powered side for a 600w, you'd be much better with a 6" fan/filter & use a fan controller to slow the fan down when it gets cold,

to keep the plants warm, get 3ft thermostat tube heaters, they cost £25 each & do make a difference.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2020 at 5:34 AM, Joint hogger said:

@stalkydave  a 5" fan is a bit on the under powered side for a 600w, you'd be much better with a 6" fan/filter & use a fan controller to slow the fan down when it gets cold,

to keep the plants warm, get 3ft thermostat tube heaters, they cost £25 each & do make a difference.

i know bro but i was budget restricted, more like i took wot i got for an awesome price the cooltube is 6" with 2 step downs to 5", new 6" fan and filter soon but am making it work

• Like 1