Fantronix variac

Marky1000

FANTRONIX Variac Fan Speed Controller No Hum ( STR 3.5 Amps) 

Can any one tell me if that's the right controller for a rvk fan 

@Joint hogger

Thought I would tag you as you come up alot on other posts. 

Edited by lildaveham
External link removed
  • Like 1

@Marky1000I have that very same Fantronix variac controller on my extract fan so yes that’s the one you want. 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marky1000 said:

@Smokebelch thanks m8 will order one next week. If I get the 3.5 amp one. Will it be ok to run my 8 inch rvk and my 6 inch rvk. There about 1.5 amp together 

that depends on the fan models, there's two types, low power & high power, the higher specced fan is denoted with a L in the model name.

if thats your active intake & outtake, then you can run into problems depending on how far away from the tent the fans are, ie long duct lengths.

then you need to consider the % of air movement you lose with pulling air through a carbon filter, it can affect the airflow by 10%-20%.

so if the two fans are used in the same grow area, its better to get two 1.5A STR controllers instead. 

@Smokebelch   yes you can wire in more than one fan to a fan controller, you dont wire them directly in to the controller as its a lot easier & safer to get a 2 or 4 way

gang extension adaptor & you wire that into the controller instead, that way you can plug as many fans into it as you like & have the added protection of having a fuse in the fans plugs,

providing the fan controllers Amp rating is high enough to supply power to the fans.

• Like 2

It’s 2 tents and both extraction and both l version the more powerful ones.

6 inch rvk 109 watts 0.48 amps

8 inch rvk 153 watts 0.625 amps 

@Joint hogger

Edited by Marky1000
  • Like 1

sorted then @Marky1000  :yep:

tho depending on the cost of the 3.5A, it might be more beneficial to have the two fans on separate controllers like the one I mentioned, the 1.5A STR.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...