Mod.soft water and feeding canna a+b +calmag

Mort

Hello growers,be grateful for guidance on my feeding,currently growing smottie remix and cheesexbluesxcheesexblues... all in canna coco.6.5 Ltr square pots

My water report states mod.soft 6.3 on the hardness scale with conductivity 242 microsiemens (0.24 EC?)

I am hand watering once everyday with(per litre) 1mg calmag  1.5ml A  1.5ML B  gives me a reading of 1.2 EC and each pot gets 300-400ml to get some run off.

Do they need the calmag every feed?  17days into 12/12. very slight tip burn.

I can put up a more recent photo after lights on 7pm.

:smokin:

large.DSCF8265.JPG

I've got nothing constructive to say other than does that device also click and measure radiation? If it doesn't it looks like It should do. Also can I run my 110v tools off it? 

Sorry. I did say it wasn't constructive. Just amused myself for a second though 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mort said:

Do they need the calmag every feed?

Hi mort, in order to have an answer you'll need to check your water report for your calcium ppm and magnesium ppm. 

You want a ratio of around 3 : 1 (not below 2.5:1 or above 4:1) 

That's cal:mg :)

Hope this helps 

:bong:

Edited by Oldbear
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

hello @Oldbear report states....     calcium 26.5 mg Ca/l     magnesium 5.66 mg MG/l

I have no idea how to convert that to ppm

thanks

:yinyang:

That's OK, those are the numbers you seek. 

Your ratio is cal rich (5:1 approximately) 

What's the ratio on your calmag? 

Epsom salts can be used to balance it but, I use Canna Mono Magnesium as its a liquid and more accurate a measure. 

6 minutes ago, Mort said:

calmag 1ml per litre every feed

@Oldbear

Sorry I wasn't clear, on your calmag bottle, how much of each (usually listed as a %) is in your brand please 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mort said:

@Oldbear 4.9% Ca

1.4% Mg

OK, at 1ml / litre of water you actually get a usable ratio ( just over 3.5:1) 

Be mindful that you may need to add a little mg in flower but otherwise as a base that water will work :)

So, to finally answer your initial question, yes add 1ml per litre every feed (watch the nitrogen though, most calmag have 2-4% which means adjusting your feeds) 

I can't offer any advice on feed adjustments though as I'm a mud guy so no nothing of this coco / hydro thingy lol

• Like 1