Tent under glass ?

rosebowl

Hi, I have to come up with a new way to grow in the garden, So atm an 8x6 green house is totally covered in the blackberry and other fruit plants that were planted a good 6-7 years and is totally unseen all but one side. This side Im thinking black out the glass and run a tent down there. Basiclly I want my cake and eat it, ie a lodger and a grow but I need the room the tent is in for lodger and spare room is Grandsons lego room. Leaves attic (not good again with lodger and environment ) or in greenhouse?

First thoughts are bugs ect coming in through vent ducting but can mesh them, and iv had leccy down there before now so thats not an issue. Like I said Iv grown in the green house but not under lights lol 

Just wondering what your thoughts are guys?  Getting new nieghbours after 15 years arghhhhhhh lol Or am I just being a twat? :haveadab:?

Cheers RB 

An insulative nightmare I reckon. 

The tent inside the greenhouse will be like a sauna. The blacked out strips of glass will just absorb heat and compound that issue. BUT it might work to your advantage once the weather gets (much) cooler. 

I would just focus on securing your attic sound and smell wise. 

build a reverse insulated wooden room inside..

so it goes (in layers) green house glass-insulation-wood-insulation-reflective material-plants

it would be a lot cooler inside and quieter too!

• Like 1

If you are going to have a lodger wandering around the garden then probably safer to stick with the attic and a large padlock. I grow in the attic from time to time but cannot do it in the summer as I cannot control the environment. Winter is OK but means wrapping the tent in a duvet plus putting a couple of greenhouse heaters in the tent so the leccy costs build up. Also in the winter when I drive up the tent temp with the heaters it causes the RH to go low so I have to put in one of those twenty quid personal humidifiers from ebay to bump it up again. It works after a fashion but is a bit of a faff as it needs constant attention.