My efforts with MWF

tescoturnip

Morning all,

I haven't exactly given these plants the TLC they deserve but despite this they're still doing their thing. Have 3 in total in ground. 

These first two are a little small but more because of my lack of attention than the plants themselves. Put in some crap soil, mainly clay mixed with rumble, was moving bits of brick to get a big enough hole to insert them into the ground. Only good thing about this spot is its near on 12hours of sunshine.

Started in 7cm peat pots and kept them in there for few more weeks than appropriate so that would've stunted them aswell. Sorry for rambling on but wanted to give you a bit of background...anyway here they are 

large.20200812_073016_compress72.jpglarge.20200812_072923_compress56.jpglarge.20200812_072855_compress18.jpglarge.20200812_073004_compress14.jpg

Only about 2 and half ft tall but some lovely flowers forming on these. Doing well despite my lack of prep 

Edited by tescoturnip
  • Like 14

The next one I started a lot earlier and got in the ground as soon as roots were coming through the pot. Again haven't done anything for this plants other than a little thinning underneath last week, first time visited since May. Planted in much nicer soil and its got on with it all by itself!

These were taken last week: 

large.20200803_112445_compress7.jpglarge.20200803_112451_compress97.jpg

This plants it 5ft high and 4ft wide.

Due some bad weather as most of the UK is over next week so fingers crossed, hopefully were early enough in flowering for humid thunderstorms not to make for a unhappy harvest. 

Know some of you have some cracking examples of this plant, just wanted to show you what they've done with very little help from me!

Edited by tescoturnip
  • Like 13

Apologies for photo quality, wind and rain were giving me a hard time!

Starting to fill out now, should of brought a loupe with me to get a closer look but can't be far away. 

Anyway...

Small ones first 

Ones a little further behind to others large.20200819_170335_compress35.jpg

This one can't be far off just need a bit of nice weather to finish up properly large.20200819_170237_compress11.jpg

And then onto the big girl...

large.20200819_173431_compress39.jpglarge.20200819_172352.jpg

This has matured loads since last visit again cant be far away.

These pictures aren't great but hopefully can get  idea for how well there coming on.

:yinyang:

• Like 9

Not long now for this small one now. Nice small even buds throughout and lower branches really aren't far behind the top of this plant. 

Tried to pictured through the loupe, they looked fairly clear turning cloudy to the eye but on relooking here the odd bit of Amber coming through now. No mold here could do with the wind staying up as few showers this week, but will be keeping close eye 

large.20200823_161546_compress85_resized_resized(1).jpglarge.20200823_161520_compress3_resized.jpglarge.20200823_161449_resized.jpglarge.20200823_161449_resized_resized.jpg

• Like 5

Bit of dilemma went to see big girl and mould just starting in few small places :thumbdown:

Not loads but enough to get me worried  just took the buds off that had any sign of it as didn't want to risk missing any, although probably have missed small bits 

large.20200824_110522_resized_compress17.jpglarge.20200824_105942_resized_compress85.jpg

This girl is nearly ready and the weather is wet Tuesday then wind drops out for rest of week which seems like a recipe for disaster. 

Now just whether its worth waiting a risking waiting to finish of properly, or taking her now as is before any more mould appears and takes over.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, tescoturnip said:

or taking her now as is before any more mould appears and takes over.

Id be tempted to take her in, looks like she's more or less ripened up anyway, weathers set to carry on being terrible I think it would be best to cut your losses and chop, perhaps leaving some smaller lowers on to ripen further..

As ch@ppers always says, a bud in the hand is worth 3 in the bush.   

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

You have done a cracking job with those girls .Just letting them do they own thing.Some fine budage on those girls.

Shame to hear about the bits of mould.

I would take Amo advise,

just take the main stuff and leave the stuff at the bottoms to fill out abit more.Just taking the mian heads and buds in.

Buds look top be nice to see some dry bud shots.and a toke report.

• Like 2

Forgot about updating this! 

Cheers @hashi as said I can't can't take credit but the plants themselves and amo can do that.

I did cut the tops off the next day which dried to around 4ozs and left the bottom for another week or two and roughly another 2oz there so pretty happy weight! The bottoms did better than the tops nearly where had time to really finish. 

Chopped a small one early, went for hash as bit of mould and didn't want it to spread to other small one which has produced even nicer buds covered in trichs :thumsup:  this was just shy of a oz but will be some lovely stuff

Will take some buds shots soon get a chance but all curing now hopefully improving with age :yinyang:

• Like 2

large.20200926_204623_compress6.jpglarge.20200926_204142.jpglarge.20200926_204023.jpg

no massive nugs but all nice tidy ones. Most fairly dense. Plenty of glitter. Lost its smell at bit but hopefully will come back with the cure, no smoke reports yet.

Made some edibles with trim and they were a good laugh to say the least! 

Thought I did a alright job of trimming but looking at it now not so sure

• Like 9

• 8 months later...

Back again this year with the MWF 

Soaked 21st for 36hrs

All showing by 25th 

This is yesterday, all short and stocky but full of beans nice and tight nodes 

All good so far, will be out very soon 

large.20210610_114147_compress27.jpglarge.20210610_114206_compress20.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

All the best with the mwf hopefully hope you have a good season I have give this year a miss due to a poor year last year my first season I'm gonna have another pop next year 100%

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got 3 of these left,  gave one away had a 2 lost to rabbits, and few early buds which went to mould with rain. But have got the top of one drying currently which looks good.

One of the 3 left in field  not massive, about 2 and 1/2 foot but tidy plant. Very much a plant and leave take this year for these

large.20210810_125039_compress98.jpglarge.20210810_125043_compress91.jpg

Will grab pics of others when next see them

• Like 5

@tescoturnip your MWF are looking good dude..much further into flowering them mine are..just looked at your pics from last year.. was a tidy bit of bud by the looks of it.. however was the smoke off those buds last year mate? I'm looking forward to the couple i have on the go..

Good stuff dude will be watching on :yep: