Germinating seeds in preparation for an outdoor grow

Hedron

Hey crew,

So this is my first time growing and trying to learn the basics - I've been late to the party thanks to a delivery mishap which means I'm 5 weeks behind schedule but figured I'd give it a shot anyway as the seeds I'm using are Dinafem's Quick Gorilla and they're supposed to be quick!

I got a propogator and seed tray, and put them in to germinate on Friday, one warm and sticky weekend later and this is how they look (I gave it til yesterday before I peeked as I know you need to give them darkness to unfold...

...but thing is they seem to have their tap root sprouting out the wrong way and I'm concerned that, in order to be hardy outdoor beasts (hence my posting in this forum - hope that's ok!), they're gonna need the best start possible.

Do I leave them be and not touch - they'll find their own way and me opening the propogator at this vulnerable stage could jeopardise them all...

...or do I open it up, add a little more water (as I've been keeping them at temp using a non-boiling hot water underneath the prop) and give them a nudge into their holes?

Just want some tough plants in preparation for such a late start and therefore facing autumnal conditions (I may get a small plastic greenhouse to house them in with a paragon heater on lowas to help keep them relatively stable...)

Whatcha reckon?

Photo attached shortly...

Cheers

Heder

@Hedron. Carefully remove the seedlings and make a small hole in the medium and transplant them the correct way with the tap root down. Be careful not to damage the root. They will be fine. Next time soak the seeds for 24 hrs in a shot glass or egg cup and make sure the seeds sink to the bottom. You will see the tap root starting to burst out of the seed and with that you can plant accordingly.

• Like 1

Thank you Larry, I'll get on and do this shortly...

At what point do I need to turn the little led light on? I've heard too much can harm the buggers...

Here's the photo (can't seem to edit my OP)

IMG-20200810-094348941-3.jpg