Ocean grown cookies to top or not?

Trashedagain77

Hi, Just wondering whether or not to top my OGC? I usually top everything I grow so as to promote yield and avoid risking rot to large single cola's. In this instance I have one OGC alongside one Gorilla Breath which had a two week headstart (I opted to add OGC after) the gorilla's a few inches taller and definitely getting topped but just wondering if Dinafem Mark or anyone who's done the OGC could advise on stretch also. Thanks. I can only apologise in advance for the lack of a diary thus far they are 5wks veg cfl just onto 400w dual spec and will finalise on 600w Phillips master if temps allow. Photos coming soon if possible cheers. :smokin:

• Like 2

Provided you are not going to flower in the next week to ten days top away they will benefit from it.

Toke...

• Like 3

Example grown in a scrog frame but topped alot of times, great solid buds just watch for mould in the last week or so if they are to packed together.

large.5ec6ef670b3e5_Dinafem-OceanGrownCookies-HarvestScrogFrameHangingVertical.jpg

large.5ec3c0ef64095_Dinafem-OceanGrownCookies-Day73Flower-FlowerTipCalyx-19-05-2020.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Toke think I will top her then flip to 12/12 in 7-10days. Your pics are top notch looks lovely I'm liking the colouration in top pic and the bottom pic screams grade A canna thanks again for your advice. Max respect, was it as nice to smoke as look at? I'm so looking forward to the OGC everybody seems to rate it on here hence my purchase sadly only one plant for now but some nice autumn bud hopefully. Peace. 

• Like 3

@Trashedagain77 yes m8 the taste was great like most good cookie crosses, very nice clear headed stone and I would grow it again without question and certainly over the Sherbinski "The New" which i think is ott on price and hype compared to this one.

Toke...

• Like 3

@Trashedagain77 I've done both methods (Topped and untopped) with the best results coming from topping at node 6 ;)

That gave me 10 nice side branches with 2 main colas  :)

That's said, the stretch is manageable and she will do well left more natural  :yep:

Do you have a diary up mate?

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Toke really appreciated unfortunately I have had to move both plants to a good friend's due to pesky landlord's. Been left for three years whilst been inactive then you start something and the trouble begins!  Thanks DINAFEM Mark too for your reply regarding the topping I did end up topping the OGC and will be left to my good friend now whom I hope respects it as much as I did I'm gutted but better with a friend than in the bin. I will try resume shortly we have to carry on as best as we can aye. Peace. Thanks again. :smokin:

• Like 1