NoviceBoi

Hi guys. 

I need a bit of advice as this is my first ever grow with autos so not sure what to look out for. 
so my purple punch autos are just over 5 weeks old and are starting to flower.

The part that has me concerned is that they haven’t really bushed out. They’ve grown up but not out :(. I know they still have about 3 weeks of veg stage even though they have started to flower but I am wondering if I have done something wrong? 
They are in a greenhouse, being fed nitrogen, the Ph is at 6 and they have been grown in their final pot to reduce stress. 
I don’t know if this is normal or if something has gone wrong. 
any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
cheers :D.

• Like 1

Autos are a strange breed and tend to do their own thing,  as a general rule i tend not to top them and less is more on the feeding and final pots by week 3.    

They may well bush up a bit more but i generally find that at your plants stage they wont get much more bushier than they are now.  

Get some pics up :)    It may just be genetics that is keeping them slender, suppose it lets more light into the main stem though.   

As long as their healthy and producing :)   

• Like 2

Ive recently grown some Purple punch from Barneys Farm.  Wouldnt bother again.  They didnt amount to much like max 2 oz per plant. The 3 that I had didnt go purple either. Still curing at the mo so dont know about smoke, but smell was good. 

One main cola with several quite buddy side branches. I remove the lower branches normally and did in this case. If growing in soil dont worry about pH (it sorts that for you) ... you should just about make it before temps drop too low, so as long as plant looks healthy keep going , chances are youre doing nothing wrong ....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

Ive recently grown some Purple punch from Barneys Farm.  Wouldnt bother again.  They didnt amount to much like max 2 oz per plant. The 3 that I had didnt go purple either. Still curing at the mo so dont know about smoke, but smell was good. 

One main cola with several quite buddy side branches. I remove the lower branches normally and did in this case. If growing in soil dont worry about pH (it sorts that for you) ... you should just about make it before temps drop too low, so as long as plant looks healthy keep going , chances are youre doing nothing wrong ....

Yeah I agree, these are not what I was expecting so don’t think I will bother with them again. Would like to go for something a bit bigger and better yield next time around. So far looking healthy just a bit skinny. 

• Like 2

What you want to do is bend them over. A bit of LST. I'm forced to do this with my outside plants to reduce height to an absolute minimum.

In this pic the row on the right are all LST'd autos bent right over at practically ground level. That makes them branch.

large.Balcony_Mix_2020.jpg

• Like 2