TheMutzNutz Blue Dream Attempt

Themutznutz

Hi

Now my stash is beginning to run low I thought I better get the ball rolling and get some beans popped. Ive only grown one HSO strain before which was green crack that I was very happy with so im hoping this one is a winner too.

Got off to a good start a few days ago, I usually end up having to surgically remove sees shells and that membrane but this one popped straight up with no issues.

I'm going to be growing in a 70/30 mix of Coco and perlite and using the canna line of nutrients.

I've had a bit of an issue with my last couple of grows and I'm trying to nail down the cause. Once dried my calyxs never appear to be very swollen meaning that once it's all dried although the buds feel quite tight and dense they almost appear like a bunch of foxtails rather than a solid bud, you can see through them quite easily in places.

One thing I've considered as a potential issue which I'm going to resolve for this grow is that I have been using a 600watt lamp on the 400watt setting meaning that be likely not been getting the correct spectrum. Any thoughts on this? Either that or I'm pulling them too early.

My.last few grows I've used molasses but I may pick up a small bottle of boost this time. I'm also considering increasing my pot size as I think it may be a but small. Any opinions on pot size? I'm in 900x900 tent and a bit of a short one at about 5ft.

I don't have any pics yet as there isn't much to see right.now but I will post some up once we get a bit of growth.

I did start another thread but I put it in the wrong section

Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark

You are always straight in there on these threads I appreciate it.

I don't have much to say right now to be honest, on to her second set of true leaves, very small thin blades right now but I think she's concentrating on gettin those roots out so growth is slow the coltydons are just starting to yellow up.  Only under a little CFL in a box at the moment as I still haven't cleaned out the tent since last time.

I know my issues with bud formation are down to me or my.environment as it's happened with strains from different breeders now. The only.thing that has changed since is that I now run a digi ballast at 400watts but with a 600 lamp, previously I was using a 600 mag ballast so just had to put up with heat issues or get creative and I've switched canna boost for molasses.

The molasses shouldn't be an issue and lots of people don't use any boost so I doubt it that. Which narrows it down to my lack of experience and the 600 watt lamp being run at 400 watts. I did come.across a chart somewhere showing the difference in output and it was quite bad but then I read other posts suggesting the effects would.be minimal so I have no idea but hopefully I will nail it down this time.

Ill try and get some pics up once we get some real growth

• 1 year later...

Hiya @beji1977 :) 

If you want to run at 400W for whatever reason,

get a 400W bulb.

Like you've mentioned already,

the spectrum will be detrimentally affected by dimming a 600W.

How are your day and night(lights on/off) temps?

How long did you flower them for before harvesting?

I've never really used molases but from what I believe,

this feeds the micro flora in the soil,

but boost usually contains high levels of P and K.

Atb

:yinyang: