Making oil from crappy bud

Tooblunt

Hi all, I'm very new to growing and everything other than smoking :)

I grew 2 different strains of autoflower in my greenhouse and have been curing them in jars for at least 2 weeks now and they both taste horrible.. i chopped one down early as it had started to get bud rot, i chopped the other down a few days after because i couldn't tell if they were ready or not and probably a little too excited (learnt from that mistake)

Anyway i know i have harvested too early and also ruined the taste and aroma from having the fan blow on the bud while drying (again another lesson learnt) but can i make half decent hash or oil from these buds? 

The blackberry strain does get me a little high after 2 bongs but i have to fight myself to get through one.. and the krippleberry is looking like a waste, its harsh as hell and gives a wierd high, probs from being chopped early but we're past that now aha

What do you think? Can I get any use out of these at all? I was thinking hash, oil or edibles just as a way of using them, i hate wasting cannabis!

You will get the same quality of oil as the buds mate. 

I always think water curing helps improve shitty bud (but it depends on what the cause of it being shitty is).  

• Like 3

Drop it in a bottle.of vodka for a week so it then becomes a tincture.  Filter it through cheesecloth to sieve out all the bud.  Drink the vodka and sit back :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 3

i would be making oil from it myself, doesnt really matter how bad it is if you just eat the oil.

if you havnt had it before start with a rice grain size, and give it an hour..... it will deffo f*ck you up,  in a nice way,,,,,,

• Like 4

I made canna coconut oil yesterday, i'm just cooking it in some brownies at the moment but I had no idea how much to put in. I've gone for 50ml, it's either gonna be shit weak or too strong I just know it.

@Tooblunt i'll let you know how it works out :unsure:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

You will get the same quality of oil as the buds mate. 

I always think water curing helps improve shitty bud (but it depends on what the cause of it being shitty is).  

What is water curing? I've never heard of that method before, it might be worth a try

I'm not gonna lie i dropped the ball on this one, it was my first grow and you know how it is.. but in fairness i really only fucked up the drying and curing which i looked over briefly like a fool.

If i had known that this stage was probably the most crucial stage for a good smoke i would of looked into it with more interest but that's just a learning curve. I cut them both too early so the trichomes haven't developed to the right stage yet and also i had the fan blowing onto the buds during the drying stage.

I have a lemon skunk ready any time soon so I'm being patient with this one, looks a beauty, one of "the original" 3 that I first planted a few months ago 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tooblunt said:

What is water curing? I've never heard of that method before, it might be worth a try

You get some RO/distilled water and put bud in it gently, so not to knock off any trichs (don't pour water onto the bud whatever you do). A lot of the compounds you associate with taste and smell (both good and bad) are water soluable so they just leak out into the water (which turns greeny brown). Every few days you empty out the water and replace it with fresh then eventually when you go to empty it at some point - the water will be clear. Job done. The bud will seem smaller in size visually and you will have lost some weight from stuff leaching out into the water. It will also have lost virtually all smell. 

For example, chlorophyll seems to leak out along with other pigments. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Nervous said:

You get some RO/distilled water and put bud in it gently, so not to knock off any trichs (don't pour water onto the bud whatever you do). A lot of the compounds you associate with taste and smell (both good and bad) are water soluable so they just leak out into the water (which turns greeny brown). Every few days you empty out the water and replace it with fresh then eventually when you go to empty it at some point - the water will be clear. Job done. The bud will seem smaller in size visually and you will have lost some weight from stuff leaching out into the water. It will also have lost virtually all smell. 

I would do that with soap bar, but using hot water and lots of stirring.  Eventually you would end up with lots of tiny ballbearings of black hash.

All of the powdered dog shit, superglue, valium, vodka and bootpolish went with the water :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I think I'll give it a go I've got nothing to lose, actually quite perfect for me i have a 250 litre pure water system so no issues with water use, happy days :bong:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

All of the powdered dog shit, superglue, valium, vodka and bootpolish went with the water

For soapbar (the few times I had it) I would go into my pocket, reach for my phone, call and give the person who sold it to me some shit for calling it "decent Leb" and throw it into the bin lol 

• Like 3

Just now, Nervous said:

For soapbar (the few times I had it) I would go into my pocket, reach for my phone, call and give the person who sold it to me some shit for calling it "decent Leb" and throw it into the bin lol 

Now Im over 40 and on my 16th grow.....Same :smokin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspiration101 said:

Now Im over 40 and on my 16th grow.....Same

Can't even believe some of the stuff I used to smoke. Someone would turn up with bud looking like it was covered in glitter thinking it was the best stuff in the world then when you got home and smoked it you realized you just took a lung of fibreglass insulation. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Can't even believe some of the stuff I used to smoke. Someone would turn up with bud looking like it was covered in glitter thinking it was the best stuff in the world then when you got home and smoked it you realized you just took a lung of fibreglass insulation. 

sounds nasty

• Like 1

Well I don't know about this water curing, i'd still make it into edibles if it were me.

My 50ml experiment wasn't what I hoped for, i'm going to double it for the next batch of brownies. It had some effect but not like my usual ones (I put about 2g weed and a gram of bubblehash in usually)

I remember when people were selling weed covered in glass/silicate, what I couldn't work out was why people were buying it. I mean really! lol 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...