Lat 50.5º MWF report.

Mcgarret

MWF 2019 patio pot grown, 2020 ground grown.

Late spring, 14th June, germed 2, 16th, both up. One started flowering 3 weeks later. Grown in pots, on my patio, Lat 50.5º.

large.5f281e198f95d_MWF3Wks5WksFlower13thAug.jpg

Both went purple foliage quickly. 

Harvested the runt, 18th Aug, got 7g.

Harvested the second, 5 weeks later, 22nd Sept, got 50g, could have taken 10 days/2 weeks earlier, will do so this year.

large.5f281e1fc4d36_MWF150g67D22ndSept.jpg

large.5f281e250fac8_MWFtip67Days22ndSept.jpg

Both had bits of mould, lost a gram on the runt and less than 3g for the other.

Both tasted sweet and groovy, with a deep strong body stone, very pleasing, defo do again me thought… :g::naughty:

Germed 3 this year, 6th May, all up 9th May. 3 weeks later, planted out in my veg patch, 31st May.

However, as per last year, one had started flowering early so I stuck her in a 3L pot and watched her bonsai herself. 

Now it's August and the two in the dirt have grown into big :thisbig:fat girls, but different in many ways.

large.5f281e42bc76c_x3MWFweek12.jpg

One is squat and wider in girth than in height. 38”, flowered a month ago.

large.5f281e572daaf_MWF2week4flower.jpg

Her sister is taller with greater internodal gaps, flowering for a week, height 44”.

large.5f281e5aca061_MWF3week1flower.jpg

Neither have any purple foliage, yet.

Think both need some lower branch thinning, the squat one especially, to improve air flow and lower the risk of mould.

Very different to pot grown versions, hope to get a real heavy harvest, lets not get ahead of myself, still got 2 months risk of mould and rippers.

The runt bonsai is ready for harvest now, 12 weeks since germed, 67 days in flower, 9+ weeks.

large.5f281e60cf3fb_MWF19weeksflower.jpg

Got 7 seeds left, defo doing 3 again next year, but in my adjacent guerrilla patch - perfect fit. :ninja:

Some Jimmy the Jinge pics, he’s prone to photo bombing. :cat:

large.5f281e6b87738_MWF18weeksflower.jpg

large.5f281e6fa4e93_JimmysTale.jpg

large.Jimmy.jpg

Highly recommend this strain for outdoors if you want an early finisher that is really strong and tasty.

Plus, has the added guerrilla benefit of being short in height, thus less likely to be seen and less prone to wind damage.

Thanks to @Amarillo slim for these beans, great work, great taste, great result. :v:

I'll update with pics and notes as things progress...

M :oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
Stay safe, stay high, stay green...
  • Like 17

You have done a cracking job with those girls.

The purple one looks lovely.

The runt tis well cool, its like a head just been chopped off and plonked in a pot.

Nice cat.

• Like 3

@hashi thanks m8 :v:

Just following what nature does, and all the top breeders work beforehand, standing on the shoulders of giants. :notworthy:

Purple is a spiritual colour. 

Cat was feral, till I tamed the beast. :cat:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 5

On 8/4/2020 at 5:36 PM, Bramble badger said:

Real bushy plants, looking great! 

Is that all natural shape or any topping n training? 

Thx m8,  :yep:

All natural shape, except for a few short canes for plant no.3.

Took plant no.1 in less than 10 mins, plant no.2 is going to take hours... :sweaty:

• Like 1

Really low spreading plant, look forward to seeing some bud shots when all done.

Ha ha good problems to have. Good luck with no. 2 and 3

• Like 2

@Mcgarret they are lookin lovely mate. Mine are at a similar stage. I was considering thinning some lower branches but was unsure about doin it this far into flower. Wots your opinion?

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time and initiative to start up a diary @Mcgarret,  you've qualified for some free seeds for testing next year if you are interested..?  Ofcourse same goes for the others who have done so.... 

Glad to see the plants doing well in the garden, with the low height and relatively low odour these are very well suited to this kind of growing...  And glad to see the vial being put to good use - part of the idea with those is that one could buy a vial, germinate as many or as few seeds as they want over however many years, still using the original packaging to maximise the seeds lifespan.  

Look forward to seeing the two larger phenos in full swing.  Cheers 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ocb said:

@Mcgarret they are lookin lovely mate. Mine are at a similar stage. I was considering thinning some lower branches but was unsure about doin it this far into flower. Wots your opinion?

Imo its a trade off of increased airflow, but not wanting to stress the plant too much.  Sometimes plants in flower can also respond to a thinning / lollipoppoing by producing slight more elongated and leafy buds - I assume the plant trying to make up for the lost foliage.  So my advice would be to do something in the middle, not a heavy prune, but prehaps get rid of the worst of it on the denser plants if you think mold is likely to be an issue due to the plot / weather.  

• Like 3

On 8/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Thanks for taking the time and initiative to start up a diary @Mcgarret,  you've qualified for some free seeds for testing next year if you are interested..?  Ofcourse same goes for the others who have done so.... 

Thanks Amarillo slim, but I was nudged by panik, his initiative. Defo take up your kind offer for next season. PM with details to follow... No rush. :skin_up:

These two MWF phenos are quite different. The short bushy babe flowered 5 weeks ago, her taller sister only 15 days ago.

Going to be a staggered harvest, better than all at once.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:53 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Imo its a trade off of increased airflow, but not wanting to stress the plant too much.  Sometimes plants in flower can also respond to a thinning / lollipoppoing by producing slight more elongated and leafy buds - I assume the plant trying to make up for the lost foliage.  So my advice would be to do something in the middle, not a heavy prune, but prehaps get rid of the worst of it on the denser plants if you think mold is likely to be an issue due to the plot / weather.  

Hi guys, great advice and @ocb similar thinking on thinning out. Both my plants are different in structure, the one that needs it for air flow is the bushy one. 

I'll post some b4 and after pics, don't be too harsh if I've over or under done it? :bag:

Bushy pheno, in need of less middle foliage?

large.5f34085f35bba_MWFbushy.jpg

Normal looking pheno.

large.5f3408686e124_MWFnormal.jpg

:oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
Forgot to mention the Blue Vial, not to be confused with the Blue Nile...
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

25 August 2020

Almost a fortnight since last update, did some inner thinning on both plants.

Should have given them more space when planting, was going on last years’ plants in pots, thought, double that, got quadruple that! :thisbig:

MWF(a), (bushy) inner trimmed

large.5f4532c81edc0_MWF(a)innertrimmed.jpg

MWF(b), (normal) inner trimmed

large.5f4532ceeb114_MWF(b)innertrimmed.jpg

MWF(a), 6 weeks flower

large.5f4532d3a7868_MWF(a)6weeksflower.jpg

MWF(a), 6 weeks flower, 43"

large.5f4532d9239a7_MWF(a)6weeksflower4322..jpg

MWF(a), 6 weeks flower, cola

large.5f4532de1fb8a_MWF(a)6weeksflowercola..jpg

MWF(b), 3 weeks flower

large.5f4532e50d238_MWF(b)3weeksflower.jpg

MWF(b), 3 weeks flower, 59"

large.5f4532ed865b1_MWF(b)3weeksflower5922.jpg

MWF(b), 3 weeks flower, cola

large.5f4532f04dab9_MWF(b)3weeksflowercola..jpg

Pics are a week old, my bad. :bag:

Temps been average, 22c day, 16c night. Had two storms (Ellen, Francis).

Staked up the taller MWF(b), MWF(a) is well into flowering, 50/50 brown pistils, she needs defoliating soon.

Aroma from her is sweet, fruity, full on eye watering razor sharp terps. :yes:

After this rain, going to start feeding with Plant Magic soil bloom, 3ml/L, and Atami Bloombastic PK booster, 0.5ml/L.

Same feed regime last year and they loved it.  :yep:

More pics when defoliated. :v:

M :oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 12

• 1 month later...

September update, harvest, cured weights.

No feed since first and only feed on 25th Aug, they didn’t need it!

MWFb caught up with MWFa and was only a week behind in flowering at harvest time, (mid-late Sept, should have taken first week Sept).

Did more defoliating on MWFb and took the top cola of MWFa on 12th Sept, then was in London for funeral, week later took the bottom half on 18th and 19th Sept.

Took MWFb on 20th and 21st Sept. 

Here some pics of the process:

MWFa, 9 weeks flowering, 19 weeks in the ground, harvesting.

large.5f92dbae04d2b_MWFa9wks.jpg

MWFa, chopped.

large.5f92dbb9b9f88_MWFa19wkschop.jpg

MWFa cola, 9 weeks.

large.5f92dbc632438_MWFaCola9wks.jpg

MWFa cola, 9 weeks, trimmed.

large.5f92dbd0a58cd_MWFaColatrimmed9wks.jpg

MWFa, 248g, 8.8oz. (Dry weight). :thisbig:

large.5f92dbe17c956_MWFa248g8_8oz.jpg

MWFa, cured sticky airy bud.

large.5f92dc0c21903_MWFacuredbud.jpg

MWFb, 8 weeks flowering.

large.5f92dc3f8ee6b_MWFb8wks.jpg

MWFb, 8 weeks flowering bud.

large.5f92dc4d77068_MWFbfloweringbud8wks.jpg

MWFb, 8 weeks flowering, Daddy Longlegs.

large.5f92dc5d5ac7f_MWFbDaddyLonglegs.jpg

MWFb, 9 weeks flowering, trimmed.

large.5f92dc69c1e51_MWFbtrimmed19wks.jpg

MWFb, 9 weeks flowering, 19 weeks in the ground, chopped.

large.5f92dc8ad7f70_MWFb19wkschop.jpg

MWFb, 204g, 7.28oz. (Dry weight). :thumsup:

large.5f92dc98cf192_MWFb204g7_28oz.jpg

MWFb, cured bud, dense nugs, red pistils galore.

large.5f92dca4c5a62_MWFbcuredbud.jpg

These plants are just the ticket for me – potent, early finishing, low height (visibility and wind issues) and heavy yielders in my book. :yep:

Minor niggle though, early phenos evident, slight mould on MWFa. At my lat and location, this strain is ready from Aug Bank holiday to first week Sept.

Dialled in for next season.

Smoke report: Forbidden fruit aroma, lovely taste, right from the start, warm deep body buzz with after burners on. :smokin:

Maturing with time, like vintage plonk, should ward off the winter blues.

Similar looking plants to @ocb and @Tommy tucker, nice job guys. :punk:

Thanks @Amarillo slim for making these seeds and the chance of doing a proper diary on them next year, along with a new strain if your offer is still on?

I’ll PM you with my details if that’s ok?

Till then, I’ll till next years patch…

M  :oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
Thanks 2020 season...
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...