clones from flower

hello farmers.

i would need some expert advice please.

could some master cloners help me out here.

question.

i took some clones off of my mates flowering bag seed plants which looks very promising.

do you guys think it can root?

i took many many clones before but never off a plant thats been if flower this late.

here are clones and below the mother

thanks in advance

large.IMG_8805.JPGlarge.f2d2b7c9-4594-4488-96bb-f466750d6d53.JPG

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ANTHONY13 said:

do you guys think it can root?

Yes, its more than possible. Some people are purist and won't take a cutting off a flowering plant, but I've never noticed any detrimental effects to the quality of the smoke or plant. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to save a special plant.

Anyway, yes they will root fine maybe even quicker than you will be expecting. As a rule of thumb they will take as many weeks to revert to veg as they were into flower IE a cutting took 3 weeks into flower will take 3 weeks to turn back. It's not hard as fast but it generally works out like that IME.

• Like 12

It's possible but you might have issues. Some strains root better than others and the combination of rooting while revegging might be too much stress. 

• Like 2

I have just cropped my fat banana plants that were grown from cuttings taken a week before finishing.

They took between 3- 5 weeks to turn turn back to veg growth.:skin_up:

• Like 3

thanks folks.i think i will just cross fingers nurture and wait for roots.

@Nervous yes i guess its much stress so its the question how much will they got to live.

will pop back in a few weeks to confirm if worked.

@thatman reveg i have done before but clone and reveg never:v:

• Like 2

I've cloned deep into  flower to see if they root. they do.

heavy skunk lines can be a bit of a pain and  take an age to revert back to veg and throw single blade leaves,  odd growth for  a while after being cloned, even early into flower they'll  throw an hissy fit for ages sometimes, but they'll be fine given good care.

• Like 8

I've just given up on a couple that have been trying to reveg for about 8wks. They were only taken 12days into flower too, one of them reverted but the other 2 never. They rooted fast enough though :) 

• Like 1

The last lot of clones I took (4 weeks into flower) rooted quickly but took almost 8 weeks to put out normal leaves. 

It's an amazing process to watch, I'd love to do a time-lapse one day. They look so awkward and angry when they're in the middle of a re-veg. 

Good luck @ANTHONY13

• Like 8

time is not an issue:)

look at those branches there and i believe its about halfway in flower.the end result should be amazing i guess.my mate found that seed is some coffee shop bud.i believe this plant was someones darling or moneymaker.so i had to give it a try:D

thanks @SYZYGY and all for the tips

• Like 4

as you say time is not an issue then crack on, it will reveg, throw out some funky loking leaves, but will eventually get with the programme, but it will take a long time.

i gave up taking flower cuts/ reveging plants, because i can plant a seed and veg it out quicker.

but if it was a tremendous smoke, or a trich laden beauty, then its sometimes  worth the wait

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, thatman said:

I have just cropped my fat banana plants that were grown from cuttings taken a week before finishing.

They took between 3- 5 weeks to turn turn back to veg growth.:skin_up:

Would mind explaining your method please mate?  I'm about to try and clone for first time - plants about finished week 4 of flower - and I'm nervous of fkn it up :( 

I assume he just took cuts like normal mate. Some lower soft tissue. I've done it about 3 wk in, it was no different they just took forever to reveg. I mean months under 24hour light. Max I do is 7 days in now. 

• Like 1
On 2/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, KC said:

I assume he just took cuts like normal mate. Some lower soft tissue. I've done it about 3 wk in, it was no different they just took forever to reveg. I mean months under 24hour light. Max I do is 7 days in now. 

Thanks. Another question,  what humidity do u aim for with flowering clones?  Vegging cuts Iknow should be kept at high humidity,  but I couldnt find anywhere what the humidity of flowering clones should be and when it should taper off very high (?) downwards, and when?

I[d like to take  some clones, and if they won[t take I[ll have to try a reveg.   All new ground for me mate.   Any advice welcome.

• Like 1

Same humidity mate, it has to be soo high as the plant has not roots, from veg or flower. You know about cutting diagonally under the node right? Use a clean sharpe knife. I then put in into a pre soaked jiffy pellet and into a sandwich bag. If i'm doing a few i might use the little propagator and then wrap the outside of it in clingfilm. It's got loads of holes in it so it doesn't hold humidity, thats why i clingfilm it. Now this next bit is important for me, i don't touch the bag/prop, look it it or anything for 10days. Once i open it, they're usually all done.

I know some people check everyday, open up the prop, give them a spray etc. I'm not saying that doesn't work, it certainly doesn't work for me.

One other thing is the temperature, try to keep them nice and warm, roughly around 25c ...they'll root at lower temps, but they'll take longer.

Best of luck with em :)

• Like 2