A Safe Smell

schmoak

Imagine a cannabis plant whose smell/odor has the ability to blend in camouflaged with the typical domestic garden surroundings and not betray it's true skunk nature:naughty:

Maybe  HSO  have produced such with "The New", delivering what appears to be a mild lemony cinnamon coffee affair... Long Story Short (is that "LSS"?)

Anyway, LSS the smell is perfect for my current outdoor environment which is shared fairly closely with concerned neighbours, no skunky weirdness detected from The New (of course that may change) and everyone loves cinnamon? it's not suspicious!! well done HSO!:realcool:

Now, there is another plant which am have difficulty in naming at the mo as the labeling got muddled and i love mysteries, this plant (photo on the way shortly) it could only be "Bubba's Gift" "Gorilla Breath" or  diff. breeders "strawberry" , currently it matters not which one, what is of significance is its smell... there really is none to be had from it, at all :nea:In one way I'm delighted.. for the neighbours, which rebounds on me.. win win! but.. in another way I'm a bit concerned that the apparent lack of smell will be maintained all throughout and that "Lack" is significant in letting us know that the end result  will be Lacking all round.

It's getting close to flowering and still no smell of a very well developed vegging 7 week old plant.

It's so vigorous and bushy, has been mainlined but the growth has been explosive and the plant is hogging space if not worthy.

Any idea's?  Worth keeping?

Edited by schmoak
  • Like 3

Two observations:

1) you can smell other things atm? (thinking of Covid).

2) the proof will be when they are in full flower on a scorching day - looking forward to updates! 

• Like 6

My experience of The New suggests you might change your tune late in flower as socks says.

If you get technical about smells you can say that there are different notes; top, middle and base. Some people even define them more than that. Top you notice fleetingly at first and base notes you tend to be left with for much longer. I think there are certain base elements of cannabis plant fragrance that people who grow or smoke are very used to compared to other people. Before I started growing when I didn't smoke much, I distinctly remember a smell comparable to the inside of pumpkins on any of my friends plants. Even if you have a plant that smells like pure marzipan to you, I think other people would probably be able to tell what it is if they have ever smelled cannabis before.  

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 3

Cheers all. @Socksnsandals it's schcorchio today for sure and....Nada... also i munched a few leaves.... very insipid flavour... so far.

@Nervous well said, but this plant has nothing at all not even faint pea pod or pee light, it's not so much an analysis but after checking the others and then coming across 'miss vigor' who provides a remarkable shock every time... no smell at all to describe, leaves taste  sweet and juicy, no pepper.

large.5f2539d86176a_nosmelly.jpglarge.5f2539d25f62b_nosmelli.jpglarge.5f2539ad734a1_nosmell.jpg

• Like 4

@ratdog Ah Grand! She'll be staying for a while longer yet then. The proof of the pudding is in the mixing bowl :eat:

and sure there be extra buds for sifting into hash?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, schmoak said:

@ratdog Ah Grand! She'll be staying for a while longer yet then. The proof of the pudding is in the mixing bowl :eat:

and sure there be extra buds for sifting into hash?

but you don't have MWF do you? :unsure: my point is it's bred for this situation so low odour

your plants will stink the place out when they kick in at around 4-5 weeks mate, for sure :yep:

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

@ratdog ah haaa... am happily looking forward  to trying those MWF,  incredible breeding, and so the idea of stealth weed is a living reality?!  An outdoor growers dream come true, avoiding so much attention and grief.

The Gorilla Breath is the opposite effect, the immediate blast of pungency draws ones attention sharply into focus... it's a scary monster:taz: and six together would terrify some neighbourhoods :taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:  

Just the smell gives  a little schock every time :woot:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

large.5f536786cdf9b_thenew.jpgHi Folks, It's been a while, and things are looking good.

Now first of all it's the Bubba's gift which has a real sativa'ish shape but very faint green smell, no worries as the bud that does exist is Trichie, has unusual narrow long profile, a real curiosity.

Really though this is about "The New" and what's best to do??

Week 5 of bloom about to start and one observes that the flowers are a little slow and smaller than other plants, which in itself is not a problem and time can go on into November, no problem. My inquiry here is about the feed schedule.

I have been keeping Nutes at a medium level and am increasing toward recommended levels mostly (2 with feed, 1 plainish water) and am going to start adding P & K Booster which seems important to get "The New" to fatten up a bit more.

Are they known to be a little slow?

P.S. that's The New up top:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Anyways, welcome back and some feed back in regard to the final feeds:eat: They are now all past their 8th week and going for 9 and maybe into 10 for the New which was a liddle slower to begin fuller flower and has side pistils in numbers.

Regarding the OP theme being the No Smell of a singular plant? Well it still has a very evasive type of scent and is an odd type of plant, not with solid stacked colas  but 'pampas grass' type lightweight stuff however there are plenty of trichomes on it, plenty :smug: will start learning about hash and resin with this grow, this Bubba's gift type odd plant would shed it's trikes easy enough. all ahead, but for now.... must dash and haul water upstairs while too nicely schtoned.

Oh yes, the smell?? it's delightful. No skunks in the Neighbourhood, None:thumsup: Not that I would'nt mind and would like the skunks but the neighbours...

But the Buds, flowers, colas and nuggs are all fantastically excellent on this grow, it's really looking 11/10 plus some. The smells of Tops are Tops, Topper:king: