Nervous Tension

South Coast Vaper

So I’ve taken the plunge. Had some great advice from here so wanted to share my first steps. 
Grow tent all set now I just need some germination luck. 

Tried the paper towel method but pretty sure I messed up as the towel got dry even though under a dome, seed appears not to have opened. So invested in a cheap heated propagator as growing in a shed and concerned about night time conditions. 

I’m going to grow in Coco so got some jiffy pellets and and prepared x3 jiffy pellets, put the OG seed in one (for the sake of a pellet it’s worth a go) and two others. 

So the dome is between 28-33 0c, 60-66 RH, the vent is fully open but the temp and RH keep going up (taking lid of when I can to try and regulate).

I guess this is where patience comes in. 

Wanted to upload a pic but damn my technology skills I have no idea. 

thanks for reading. 

My advice to you is a general one.  As a new grower, try to keep things really simple.  You can experiment later, once you get some growing experience.  My advice to you is to grow in soil, and just plant your seeds directly into that.  Also, I would suggest that you attempt to germinate only one seed at a time. Then, if something goes wrong, you haven't lost them all, and can start again. Good luck mate.    PS When I say soil, I don't mean the stuff out of the garden. I mean some kind of bagged substrate.

Edited by Lancaster8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Lancaster8 said:

My advice to you is a general one.  As a new grower, try to keep things really simple.  You can experiment later, once you get some growing experience.  My advice to you is to grow in soil, and just plant your seeds directly into that.  Also, I would suggest that you attempt to germinate only one seed at a time. Then, if something goes wrong, you haven't lost them all, and can start again. Good luck mate.    PS When I say soil, I don't mean the stuff out of the garden. I mean some kind of bagged substrate.

Fingers crossed these germinate I suppose success comes with experience. Appreciate the advice bty thanks. I’ll update the post when there is something to report back on. 

• Like 1

It’s fail proof, put kitchen roll in Tupperware tub, wet the kitchen roll, pour off excess water, place seeds in, stick on combo boiler/somewhere warm and wait for roots 1cm+

plant into 0.5L pots of compost and Off you go