1 plant 1000w grow experiment !!!

Tommytopper

Hi guys I’m planing on growing 1 single plant Under 1 1000w hps light 

I’m going run either moby dick again or a critical, critical cross strain

either a tall Christmas tree style 6/7ft tall or a 4x4 scrog net with access all way round not decided yet Input welcome 

I’ll be vegging for 6/8 weeks probably 

my question are 

what’s size pot should I use ? 

I’ll be using gold label coco hydro mix run to waste 

Should I still pot up in sizes 5/15/25/40 litre pots ? 

if I’m going to be using a 40/50 litre pot will i be able to water every couple of days or will it be more like 3/4 days I’d imagine I’d be watering 6/8 litres each time once it start getting big 

is a hempy bucket an option I haven’t used them before but iv looked into them before ? 

any input most welcome 

thanks 

Look into 'gram per KwH' :

Grams of dried product/kilowatt-hour:

This is the industry standard measure that allows you to calculate your energy costs over your yield. To do this, you first need to calculate your daily energy usage: Multiply your total wattage by the number of light operating hours in a day.

Formula for total daily energy usage: Total light wattage x light operating hours per day = Total wattage hours

For example, if you’re using two 600W lamps on a daily, 12-hour cycle, your daily energy use will be 1200W x 12hours = 14,400 watt hours (Wh).

Divide that by 1,000 (since 1,000W equals 1kW) to get your kilowatt hours (kWh) per day.

Formula for kilowatt hours: Watt hours ÷ 1,000 = kWh

Then, multiply your kilowatt hours per day by the number of days your canopy has spent under lights.

Formula for kWh/cycle: kWh per day x number of days under lights = kWh/cycle

For example, using the above figures of 14,400Wh, or 14.4kWh, and if your cycle is 75 days, your formula would be: 14.4kWh x 75 days = 1080kWh used during your entire cycle.

Next, divide your yield in grams by your total kWh.

Formula for yield/kWh: Total dried product weight ÷ kWh/cycle = Yield per kWh

This measure will allow you to easily compare your yield relative to your energy costs, making it a useful tool to compare various lighting systems.

i did a quick estimate and if you did 6 weeks of 18/6 and 8 weeks of 12/12 then 1gpKwH = 1428g

after doing some research on this recently, personally i think the Sea of green method is most efficient for indoor.

for example multiple plants with 2 weeks 18/6 and 8 weeks of 12/12 1gpKwH would be 924g, a more realistic number imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shreddy said:

after doing some research on this recently, personally i think the Sea of green method is most efficient for indoor.

I assume he wants to keep numbers down. You'd have about 50 in a sog. You'd need a big mom for that many cuts.

A scrog would definitely yield better and produce better buds than growing a xmas tree Tommy. Imagine all the lower Shiite

1 hour ago, shreddy said:

Look into 'gram per KwH' :

Grams of dried product/kilowatt-hour:

This is the industry standard measure that allows you to calculate your energy costs over your yield. To do this, you first need to calculate your daily energy usage: Multiply your total wattage by the number of light operating hours in a day.

Formula for total daily energy usage: Total light wattage x light operating hours per day = Total wattage hours

For example, if you’re using two 600W lamps on a daily, 12-hour cycle, your daily energy use will be 1200W x 12hours = 14,400 watt hours (Wh).

Divide that by 1,000 (since 1,000W equals 1kW) to get your kilowatt hours (kWh) per day.

Formula for kilowatt hours: Watt hours ÷ 1,000 = kWh

Then, multiply your kilowatt hours per day by the number of days your canopy has spent under lights.

Formula for kWh/cycle: kWh per day x number of days under lights = kWh/cycle

For example, using the above figures of 14,400Wh, or 14.4kWh, and if your cycle is 75 days, your formula would be: 14.4kWh x 75 days = 1080kWh used during your entire cycle.

Next, divide your yield in grams by your total kWh.

Formula for yield/kWh: Total dried product weight ÷ kWh/cycle = Yield per kWh

This measure will allow you to easily compare your yield relative to your energy costs, making it a useful tool to compare various lighting systems.

i did a quick estimate and if you did 6 weeks of 18/6 and 8 weeks of 12/12 then 1gpKwH = 1428g

for example multiple plants with 2 weeks 18/6 and 8 weeks of 12/12 1gpKwH would be 924g, a more realistic number imo

Dont believe everything you read online, this is whats referred to, kindly, as "hogwash"..

please dont take offence, but its bollox, there is no mention of the numerous other variables which will effect your final numbers, like environment, airflow, strain, feeds etc etc  etc etc. 

if you are looking for the best yeild that you can get,  then i would scrog it, pot up in stages, could be tricky tho if you have a scrog....might be better to do it 3 times , go with say, 5, 25 then 40, before it gets massive. 

good luck, im going for a kilo plant/tree myself once my current grow is done, ive only managed 760 odd gram from one -  so far

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Dont believe everything you read online, this is whats referred to, kindly, as "hogwash"..

please dont take offence, but its bollox, there is no mention of the numerous other variables which will effect your final numbers, like environment, airflow, strain, feeds etc etc  etc etc. 

if you are looking for the best yeild that you can get,  then i would scrog it, pot up in stages, could be tricky tho if you have a scrog....might be better to do it 3 times , go with say, 5, 25 then 40, before it gets massive. 

good luck, im going for a kilo plant/tree myself once my current grow is done, ive only managed 760 odd gram from one -  so far

I put a pic up once of a 900g Automazar that seemed to be normal height but they used side lighting as well.

• Like 1

@badbillybob how long did it take to get 760g and how much light used? 

also time is the biggest resource, as we ourselves only have so much, so tbh i will agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

760g?? Fuck me.

What lights you using and how long did you veg like lol

Edit:

Sorry just noticed the comment above....

Edited by Bigbob88

ok, lets elaborate.....

.lets start with mediums, soil, coco, hydro, according to your theory they all yeild the same with the same amount of veg and bloom , which simply isnt true. there is no way on gods green earth that an organic soil grow will yeild the same as a dwc grow, with the same veg time, its ridiculous.

or that a plant grown in a 5 litre pot will yeild the same as one grown in a 25 litre pot? its not gonna happen. 

Environment next.

temps of 18 degrees lights on, according to your theory will yeild the same as temps of 26 degrees, or 34 degrees for that matter...? or humidity ranging from what say, 20% to 80% will still yeild the same , due to lighting, ?again its never gonna happen

strains next...

have you ever grown Dr Grinspoon or any other notoriously low yeilding landraces? 

i could go on, but you get the jist, i hope...

when i did  the big one it was under a variety of lights, started on a cheap led 150 watt blurple for a week, then vegged on 600w metal halide for 5 weeks, then 600 hps dual spec for the first 4 weeks of bloom, then a 600 and a 400 vertical with 150 blurpple overhead (as it had hit the top of the tent almost)for a fortnite, then 2 x 600s vertically till finished at approx ten weeks, it was a while ago, im kinda guessing a lot of this to be honest.....but its not miles out

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

i think you read my post incorrectly , i just wanted to point out that when it comes to light and light only there are ways of using the power more efficiently. 

my rough guess at your gpkwH with my quick maths came to 0.63. good but room for improvement no? 

i recently got a gram per watt but if i had achieved the same yield using less light would it be a more efficient grow?

8 hours ago, shreddy said:

i think you read my post incorrectly , i just wanted to point out that when it comes to light and light only there are ways of using the power more efficiently. 

i dont think i did, your post listed lighting and kw/hr , it never mentioned efficiency, and neither did you when you posted it.

my rough guess at your gpkwH with my quick maths came to 0.63. good but room for improvement no? 

i've  hit a gram per watt and above loads of times in the past. i dont bother even measuring it these days, because  couldnt give a toss what the gram per watt is , i would sooner have 20 grams of devine tasting weed than 100 grams of smash.

Grams per watt is only relevant to cash croppers and kids.

i recently got a gram per watt but if i had achieved the same yield using less light would it be a more efficient grow?             er....... yeah, :unsure:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shreddy said:

as long as you admit you do not care about efficiency i will not waste any more time, you probably still mix tobacco with your lame homegrown

Can you read dude? He literally just said he's not a kid or cash cropper. You skip breakfast or some shit?