Light timing

Sateeva

Hi, sorry for what is probably a well answered question elsewhere but does it matter if I was to cover my plants up in order to give them the 12hrs they need to start budding at different times? 

If I cover them at 7pm & uncover them at 7am daily but if then i can't do it on time & say its 8.30pm & am the next morning, would that stress them out too much or wouldn't it make much difference & also would I then have to keep to that new time or could I revert back at some point? 

Cheers

I had to remove a plant daily from the tent last year due to getting a stray photo mixed up with the autos. It ended up herming on me due to inconsistent dark hours it got. i ended up with a smaller yield than normal which sucked as one of my favours strains have grown a few times. 

So it is possible to do, although it is not something I have done personally.

I have seen other growers here who have forced plants into flower, when grown outdoors by placing them in the dark, but as Jay1601 says if you become inconsistent with your darkness hours you are very likely to encounter problems such as hermaphroditism.

Good luck

greenie

I’m currently bringing a photoperiod Amnesia 5 into a dark cupboard every night and back into the greenhouse in the morning. It flowered after 6 nights of doing that, this is it almost 3 weeks later.

It’s a pain in the ass but I’m committed now and hope that it finishes in the 8 weeks that was indicated as I won’t have 12 hour nights until mid/late September. 

large.8BE8554F-2352-4714-8642-4A4AA1B6D590.jpeglarge.A5275DF5-6D88-4F8C-B222-02840E183B15.jpeg

• Like 3

@jay797 It is absolutely possible. I have scrog ed a Dinafem Gorilla in my back yard and will be putting them in the blackout-shed from 8pm - 8am. Starting next week.

@Greenmachine If your plant is used to disruptive lightsources like the moon, streets lights etc, then shel will be less sensitive. But I would try to follow timelines as close as possible.You don’t want to provoke something.

• Like 1

Ive been covering over my poly tunnel between 18.30 - 19.00 since 25th june and theyve all started to flower,, i uncover it about 01.00 in the morning,,ill get a pic up tomorrow

On 21/07/2020 at 0:07 AM, Renard said:

@jay797 It is absolutely possible. I have scrog ed a Dinafem Gorilla in my back yard and will be putting them in the blackout-shed from 8pm - 8am. Starting next week.

@Greenmachine If your plant is used to disruptive lightsources like the moon, streets lights etc, then shel will be less sensitive. But I would try to follow timelines as close as possible.You don’t want to provoke something.

That is very intersting to learn @Renard Thanks!

Greenie