Time-R Digital Timer

Caly

Hi All, 

So I’ve built myself a DIY auto watering system, assembly went really well until I plugged in the timer for it not to work lol Initially I plugged it in my extension lead that was next to my res, the timer clicked on and was counting down but the pump (New-Jet 1700) didn’t come on. Then I tried a main socket and got the same thing, then tried another devices in the house and still the same.

Anyone on here had any experience with this timer, it’s from a well know online grow store, maybe there is something I’m missing but I believe I’ve set this up correctly. Just thought I’d check here before I send it back and by another one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caly said:

Hi All, 

So I’ve built myself a DIY auto watering system, assembly went really well until I plugged in the timer for it not to work lol Initially I plugged it in my extension lead that was next to my res, the timer clicked on and was counting down but the pump (New-Jet 1700) didn’t come on. Then I tried a main socket and got the same thing, then tried another devices in the house and still the same.

Anyone on here had any experience with this timer, it’s from a well know online grow store, maybe there is something I’m missing but I believe I’ve set this up correctly. Just thought I’d check here before I send it back and by another one.

Get yourself a smart 4 way and never look back. Google Meross 4 way. You can control all 4 sockets down to 1 minute increments using your phone..works even when wifi is off, just need wifi to set it up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

You can control all 4 sockets down to 1 minute increments

I think I need second increments tbh?

Really? Oh well, stick to the old timers then. What is it that you need 1 second increments? 

I was looking at those timers @Caly price put me off a bit but they look like a good timer, have you tried resetting the unit?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exhale said:

have you tried resetting the unit?

Yes mate, a few times. The timer itself is fairly simple to operate, even with my limited technical knowledge I'm sure I'm setting it up correctly....It must be faulty. I'm going to buy another one and compare.

Edited by Caly
spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caly said:

Yes mate, a few times. The timer itself is fairly simple to operate, even with my limited technical knowledge I'm sure I'm setting it up correctly....It must be faulty. I'm going to buy another one and compare.

I'd love to know why 1 second timings are important, if it's irrigation, can you adjust the drippers for less flow? £80 for 2 timers seems crazy when 1 4 way smart switch is 1/4 that price. ;)

Lucky you, I'm in coco and use my 4 way for lights, mini fan and small pump running for 4 mins every 12hrs. Still can't think what needs 1 second increments..Hope the next timer works properly. 

• Like 1

I'm auto-feeding in coco with open lines, and having a timer that can be set to smaller increments than 1 minute is a god-send. I find the inline-valves guess work at best and there's no reference point - all the adjustment happens in a very small range of movement. 

• Like 1

I`d try setting it to cycle timer mode, say 1 second on and 10 seconds off and listening for the relay clicking on/off. If thats ok, the power isnt making it either to the relay or from the relay.

Edited by Geo
  • Like 1