Garage Life

bradfordlad

Ey up

Spent the morning getting a grow tent up and running for the first time. Ive never used HPS lights before, having had CFL to grow peppers in the past. Ive set the light to 25 inch above the top of my plant, im a bit scared of burning her! Am i being over cautious? The temp is at 29c. Im gonna put an extraction unit in later this week before i put my autos in there (they are currently living under a CFL till they get a bit more established) Another question....... should i spray these types of plants or not?

The one plant in there at the moment is an unknown photo i was given that started this whole project off!large.IMG_20200719_144350_resized_20200719_025042189.jpglarge.IMG_20200719_144336_resized_20200719_025042507.jpg

I hope ive attached these images right........ its complicated and im truly hungover!

Ta muchly

No need to spray them, and no need to have them raised up like that. Have your lamp in a fixed position just below the top of the tent. Maybe 10 - 20cm from the top.

The extraction isn't just for the smell, it replenishes the stale air with fresh co2 rich air. With no extraction that plant will eventually suffocate, so maybe get it under the CFL until you've got your extraction sorted!

• Like 3

Also consider getting a fan controller, as they help with slowing the fan down when its noisy & helps you to control the temps in your grow space, worth their weight in bud.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Thinking of setting up a garage grow myself, now just coming to terms with potential temperature related problems. Id love to know how you've overcome them and kept things discreet and without condensation. Have you created a box in a box? :hippy:

On 04/02/2021 at 3:00 PM, Roley420 said:

Thinking of setting up a garage grow myself, now just coming to terms with potential temperature related problems. Id love to know how you've overcome them and kept things discreet and without condensation. Have you created a box in a box?

Hey @Roley420

Use insulation and plastic sheets on walls, ceiling and floor, the cheap polystyrene stuff works OK for insulation but don't let it touch any electrical wiring (it slowly melts it!) - box it in with some cheap board and 2'x2' or 4'x2'.

Condensation - decent extraction and a dehumidifier.

Discretion - carbon filter.

It took me ages to convert my garage and at times during the build wished I'd bought a tent, but now its done it's a much nicer environment to spend time and is very easy to control the temps and humidity. Plan it as best as you can, electrics/plumbing/ventilation.

Good luck   :bong:

• Like 2