The best way to grow Dinafem Auto's in a Greenhouse???

inapond13

Ok guys, it's been a while since I contributed but I still feel like part of the Family.  Been growing continuously :)  Since I last entered the Dinafem Outdoor Competition my circumstances have changed greatly and I have much less time to commit to a diary.  I am in no way trying to enter this competition, just want to to share the results of growing some of Dinafem beans this year in my greenhouse.

Last year, I was gifted some tomato growing pots with water troughs and a wick system to feed the plants.  I grew tomatoes and they were amazing.  But every moment I was thinking 'What if i grew some Autos in there?'.  The temptation was too great and this year, I planted the following on April 20th:

3 x Brooklyn Sunrise Auto

1 x Daiquiri Lime Auto 

After a few days I all 4 of the seeds had sprouted:

large.IMG_20200426_071508.jpg

• Like 1

Here they are on 10th May...

large.IMG_20200510_171940.jpg

And on the 22nd May...

large.IMG_20200522_082814.jpg

They have been getting Formulex at the recommended dosage directly into the trough...

• Like 1

1st June update.  Growth really kicking in. Still just Formulex as the nutrient...

large.IMG_20200601_134123.jpg

And at 8th June...

large.IMG_20200608_105911.jpg

• Like 1

A quick root shot from 11th June:

large.IMG_20200611_133828.jpg

And the plants on 15th June, not 2 months old yet...

large.IMG_20200615_143956.jpg

• Like 1

And a 30th June update.  Starting to run low on Formulex so have ordered some Canna Aqua Flores.  Waiting for it to arrive...

large.IMG_20200630_102609.jpg

And a picture from 1st July:

large.IMG_20200701_163541.jpg

Its now been nearly 3 weeks since that last picture and there has been phenomenal growth.  I have grown both of these strains before in the same greenhouse but in 10 litre pots and they were tiny in comparison, only producing a few grams of product at the end of the day per plant.  I'll take some more pictures tomorrow, they are totally dominating that space and are 7ft tall.  Big ass buds forming.

To be on the safe side, I have just ordered some predator mites for Red Spider Mite.  I get them every year and it pays to get the predators early.  I currently have no signs of RSM, but want it to stay that way.  The only pests iIhave encountered are a few whitefly and aphids on the lowest leaves.  I have removed them and added to the the compost :)

I am getting concerned over the humidity as the buds are now getting bigger.  I have a dehumidifier ready to go but keep hoping for the weather the get a bit better.  Been wet and cloudy for ages now in the NW.  I reckon if it doesn't get any drier in the next week, the dehumidifier will be turned on.

More pics in the morning :)

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, inapond13 said:

3 x Brooklyn Sunrise Auto

1 x Daiquiri Lime Auto 

Aren't they Dutch passion seeds  lol

• Like 5

Hi, am curious in regard to the wicking system, do you irrigate from on top too or is it all from the trough?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flighty said:

Aren't they Dutch passion seeds  lol

Oh shit, yeah.  I did have a look on the Dinafem website before posting as I thought they were Dinafem and I found these:

https://www.dinafem.org/en/autodaiquiri-lime/

and

https://www.dinafem.org/en/autobrooklyn-sunrise/

But I have just checked my email from when I ordered them in 2018 and they are Dutch Passion.  Sorry @Dinafem-Mark  I'll need to try and move this thread, probably to 'Growing Under Glass' and take Dinafem out of the title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, schmoak said:

Hi, am curious in regard to the wicking system, do you irrigate from on top too or is it all from the trough?

Here is a guide to how the Quadgrow system works. 

Quadgrow guide

I mainly supply water into the tanks from the bottom.  I pop um the little cover every couple of days to see how much is left, then top up.  I have added a bit of PK boost via the soil at the top but only twice.

• Like 3

Glad I saw this, thanks for sharing, in another setting certainly would like to try what you doing there. The safe, secure and secret world of the greenhouse certainly appeals and is rather worthy of investment and coupled with novel semi automatic feeding solution...  which seems to benefit those truly  magnificent looking Auto's.

it may be possible to connect a premixed feeder tank to the system to allow for a two week holiday away from growing?(unlikely to be needed, but)

The plant gets optimum conditions in a timeless world, and looks so peaceful. Very well done.

P.S. thx for reminder,  must try a dinafem, it's been a while.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, schmoak said:

Glad I saw this, thanks for sharing, in another setting certainly would like to try what you doing there. The safe, secure and secret world of the greenhouse certainly appeals and is rather worthy of investment and coupled with novel semi automatic feeding solution...  which seems to benefit those truly  magnificent looking Auto's.

it may be possible to connect a premixed feeder tank to the system to allow for a two week holiday away from growing?(unlikely to be needed, but)

The plant gets optimum conditions in a timeless world, and looks so peaceful. Very well done.

P.S. thx for reminder,  must try a dinafem, it's been a while.

Already got the feeder tank, used it last year with the tomatoes when went on a 2 week holiday.  Everything was empty when I got back but only just and everything was still alive and happy :)

Thanks for your comment...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2020 at 10:07 AM, inapond13 said:

Sorry @Dinafem-Mark  I'll need to try and move this thread, probably to 'Growing Under Glass' and take Dinafem out of the title.

Easy mistake to make  ;)

No issue my friend  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1