My finished "AutoBox" | First Grow Attempt

AnonymooseMD

Hey everyone,

New to the site and it is awesome how much I have learnt being a lurker.

Here is my first grow box, not much but definitely got me into this as a hobby for sure.

Converted Wine Cooler:

large.106012765_1246300908903447_3508269045169378714_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put into position with filter attached:

large.IMG_20200717_191033.jpglarge.IMG_20200717_191245.jpg

Some Plant Progress images of my first auto, Critical XXL :

large.106913529_734154004002600_6043696336812821652_n.pnglarge.106347955_198584748139932_8919698295450528923_n.jpglarge.106782430_268246704406348_3558479566096264177_n.jpglarge.received_3128923837183373.jpeg

Where I'm at now, not sure the next steps, I'm thinking grab a net and start SCROG?

Cheers guys, any help/advice is much appreciated. 200W of daylight CFL currently, waiting to switch to warm white. 

large.5f11f4a6689fa_2.5WeeksComp.jpeg

• Like 4

You could always look at doing some LST because i've learnt these plants grow very high if you don't tame them lol but a scrog coudl also work.

Only thing i'd note about your setup, maybe not have the fan so close, I know they're not overly powerful and the plants may not get wind burn from it but as long as the air is being moved you should be alrite. I'm intrigued as to how your grow goes in a small space so i'll keep my eyes on this one. Looking good so far though mate

• Like 1

That looks awesome man! I love the stealthy small boxes, i have one on the go myself made out of a 92l storage container haha! its amazing what you can do with a small space with the right planning! But for sure as mystic said, get some LST on the go so some light can get to some of the lower bud sites, it will make a work of difference to the lower growth! looking forward to seeing future updates how you get on with this box! :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

You could always look at doing some LST because i've learnt these plants grow very high if you don't tame them lol but a scrog coudl also work.

Only thing i'd note about your setup, maybe not have the fan so close, I know they're not overly powerful and the plants may not get wind burn from it but as long as the air is being moved you should be alrite. I'm intrigued as to how your grow goes in a small space so i'll keep my eyes on this one. Looking good so far though mate

3 minutes ago, Samwisegamgee said:

That looks awesome man! I love the stealthy small boxes, i have one on the go myself made out of a 92l storage container haha! its amazing what you can do with a small space with the right planning! But for sure as mystic said, get some LST on the go so some light can get to some of the lower bud sites, it will make a work of difference to the lower growth! looking forward to seeing future updates how you get on with this box! :D

Cheers for the info guys, Looking up some LST now. Legends.

Its for sure worth doing man, it will allow a lot more light to the lower growth giving you way more sites for buds to develop when flowering! my babies are only 11 days old from sprouting and i gently started tying them down today already! Great way to get a bigger yield from a small space as if the plant gets to tall but the stems are already thick to bend by then it will be too late :P i typically just use rubber coated garden wire and just pierce the metal inside through the side of the pot to mount it! but some twine or something like that will do too! just be gentle, you don't wanna snap anything or stress her out! :) best of luck my dude!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samwisegamgee said:

Its for sure worth doing man, it will allow a lot more light to the lower growth giving you way more sites for buds to develop when flowering! my babies are only 11 days old from sprouting and i gently started tying them down today already! Great way to get a bigger yield from a small space as if the plant gets to tall but the stems are already thick to bend by then it will be too late :P i typically just use rubber coated garden wire and just pierce the metal inside through the side of the pot to mount it! but some twine or something like that will do too! just be gentle, you don't wanna snap anything or stress her out! :) best of luck my dude!

On way to Asda for some beers and twine haha, Cheers Dude!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...