WATERING IN FABRIC POTS

GuerillaOG

Strain: Royal Cookies
Type: Greenhouse grow
Pot: 3 gallon Fabric Pot

Would it be OK? to submerge the whole fabric pot in water for 5-10 seconds.? My problem is that when watering, water seeps out the side and because of the air, soil becomes a hard brick very quickly, it takes long to water the whole root mass and often i'm left wondering if the whole root mass has even been watered.

large.Aquatic_Plant_Fabric_Container_Pond_Megastore.jpg

Sounds like you might be letting the pots get too dry, so dunking for 10 seconds probably won't rehydrate them properly.

I'd just try sitting them in shallow trays of water for a while, so they can wick up the moisture and slowly rehydrate the soil and plants, then start watering a bit more frequently.

• Like 4

You can dunk them, won't do the roots any harm to be submerged temporarily. 

Soap nuts would help with your hydrophobic soil. 

• Like 2

Hi - I use fabrics pots and let them get dry before sitting them in a watering tray for half and hour or so. As you say, watering from above loses a lot of the water if you’ve got gaps in the side. If you sit them in a tray, do it first thing in the morning and it gives the fabric time to dry out in the sun. Fabric pots sitting in water or damp the whole time will give you root rot (speaking from experience).

• Like 1