Grow Spreadsheet

Bayleaf

I have built a spreadsheet that tells me: date to sow, date germinated, date to move from veg room into the gro'om (germination date + 31 days), estimated harvest date (germination date + 90 days (indica) 85 days (sativa)).

The spreadsheet is filled in for the coming 12 months and is updated as each strain is finished/started. New rows (grows) can be added and the formulas in the cells can be dragged down. I have room for 2 plants in my veg room and 2 plants in my gro'om so the two different coloured rows indicates which plant follows which.

The spreadsheet has allowed me to make a plan that gives a harvest every month of the year and for the past year it has worked really well. Having all of that data, along with added notes, seed order number, supplier, final yield, date jarred, curing time (days since jarred) as well as pictures has produced a pretty good database that I can refer to when growing strains for a second or third time.

This also makes my shopping list easy and I’ve already got all the seeds I plan on growing.

By putting in the harvest weight I can also see how much money I’ve saved (9k a year) which is a real eye-opener.

I would be happy to share the file but I don't know if I'm allowed to add excel files to this forum.

large.spreadsheet.JPG.a658589e2d66855bdb

• Like 2

Call me cynical, im no fan of spreadsheets, but thats gonna be useful, if the cops ever bash your door down and youve basically given them your entire grow history.......

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Call me cynical, im no fan of spreadsheets, but thats gonna be useful, if the cops ever bash your door down and youve basically given them your entire grow history.......

:yes:  Especially when it's got money in the mix  IMHO

• Like 3

The way i see it, if they kick my door down they will find a load of plants and growing equipment and me with a bong in my mouth. If they do manage to see my spreadsheet they will see quite clearly that I have been growing strictly for personal use and the savings I made is money that has not ended up with 'organised crime' (their words).

• Like 1

They are welcome to see my grow history the same as they're welcome to look at my criminal record - it's no secret! 

Just now, Bayleaf said:

it's no secret! 

it's should be sadly. have you seen the law thread where POCA was used? that's a real eye opener 

• Like 4

Yeah, that POCA thread,  it was me on the recieving end of it, 20 grand later, hence why i trying to tell him its a bad idea.......

but hey, maybe youve got a spare 20 gs stashed under the bed for a poca hearing, so crack on spreadsheet man......im sure the prosecution will love you for it.....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

Everything will be held against you in the worst possible light.

They will not be interested in your perspective, they will create their own narrative and determine you are a professional grower and nail you to the wall.

Great idea, I truly do love it, but I feel the reality is that the police will interpret what you are doing in a completely different light.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Everything will be held against you in the worst possible light.

They will do that with or without the spreadsheet. In the meantime my befuddled old brain has a way to help it work. I can live with the consequences of my actions. It won't be the first time I've had to. It won't even be the 10th!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Yeah, that POCA thread,  it was me on the recieving end of it, 20 grand later, hence why i trying to tell him its a bad idea.......

but hey, maybe youve got a spare 20 gs stashed under the bed for a poca hearing, so crack on spreadsheet man......im sure the prosecution will love you for it.....

Was your situation made worse by record keeping?

You've been given some really solid advice here, and take it from me having just gone through the whole rigmarole of being busted and hauled infront of the courts, no one in this thread is over egging the pudding. Not even a little bit. If you are gonna keep that sort of thing on your computer, make sure its encrypted and inside hidden folders or better yet stored on an external harddrive that is hidden away between uses.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bayleaf said:

In the meantime my befuddled old brain has a way to help it work. I can live with the consequences of my actions. It won't be the first time I've had to. It won't even be the 10th!

I hear ya, and i ain't preaching :yinyang: 

they will look at that as an easy charge and its as good as a confession. It opens up so many more doors for them and makes things a hell of lot worse for you

if you have to write things down to help then you could change the names to something legal, horse racing for example. Its your betting spreadsheet and the last day they won etc etc :yep:

2 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

Was your situation made worse by record keeping?

NO, thankfully not.

i had NOTHING relating to growing weed when i was busted, apart from the obvious tents, lights and plants, they looked, .....and believe me, the twats looked everywhere. they had the insulation up in my loft, as an example. they were in my house searching for 4 days solid, 24 hrs a day.  

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

NO, thankfully not.

i had NOTHING relating to growing weed when i was busted, apart from the obvious tents, lights and plants, they looked, .....and believe me, the twats looked everywhere. they had the insulation up in my loft, as an example. they were in my house searching for 4 days solid, 24 hrs a day.  

You're making me think my coded notes are not nearly coded enough. But if the fuckers have already got to the stage of turning my house upside down it's never going to turn out great.

E2a it's maddening having to live in these conditions when my mate in the States can send me pics of his plants without any worry

Edited by Absurdist
  • Like 1