Mullet tips?

Captain Bonglington

8 minutes ago, freewilly2121 said:

Im just more partial too having my ting swallowed rather than nibbled on. 

:ohmygod: Filth!

• Like 1

I believe estuary fish like a bit of rubby dubby type scent,cant harm can it.

maybe try a bubblefloat and a bit ov hovis?? lol

large.20190714_123711_resize_68.jpg

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 1

I use mashed bread as ground bait.  Bacon fat as hookbait.  I use cox & rawl #8 tanago match hooks.  Prebait for a few days.  Onion sack and bread.  I use a crystal waggler.  4 AA is about right.  Usually fish at six - 10 ft depth.   I use 6lbs line straight through from reel to hook.  Coarse float rod or match rod will do, small fixed spool.  Proper light carp gear will do too.  But light stuff, like surface fishing carp gear.

Fuck uni or blood knots.  I spade whip even though they are eyed hooks.  Polarised glasses and travel light.  Long handle landing net.  Unhooking mat.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 4:45 PM, Saddam said:

I came here to offer you some advice on the hairstyle. :schmoll:  

lol

On 07/07/2020 at 7:04 PM, Renard said:

Nope. I came here for mullets and I am staying for them.

At first you might think one of those short mullets like that from Tiger King might look good on you. But it won’t.

Sure... There are these Italian mullets. Sleek and waxed with some coloured strands and maybe a tribal cut onto the side of your head. But you don’t want that.

A mullet needs to be majestic. Like a lions mane. It needs to extend down between your shoulders. And you should pomp it up in the front. Think Elvis. It needs to be accompanied by a moustache. Like John Holmes or Hulk Hogan. You want to wear a decent pair of shades, like gold mirrored aviators or purple teal skiing shades.

Wear it with a burgundy ma-1 jacket, a tank top and sweat pants on python skin cowboy boots or high top nike dunks.

That is what you want to do.

lollol that went down a treat with the big old banger I just finished chuffing on.. made me chuckle that dude 

• Like 1

The staging under Southend pier was our place for Mullet.

When the tide went out all the kids would be down there with loaves of bread and hand lines.

size 12 hook in 10p sized bread flake, they used to have bigger catches than the so called experts with expensive tackle and bait on the top of the pier. 

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first little Mullet trip today....:yes:

It was more of a recce trip as the tide wasn't right, got there about an hour after it turned.

Started feeding mashed bread, and got some fish feeding, but the tide was falling fast, and with that they were gone. 

I know where they are now though. :yes:

Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted, as an old fishing buddy of mine says....:yep:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...