Bug ID please

John'sMidnightGarden

No doubt the weirdest question I'll have.

I've never seen a spider mite and recognised it as one.  Seen the pics, all the info etc, still not in real life.  A thought has just occurred to me and this is pure curiousity, I'm not fighting them or found one I think is one, this is pure wonder.

Remember when you were little playing on your garden wall, those red dots that'd be tricky to squish as they were small enough to run in the brick texture.  Round here we called them "red ants" but they are not ants, these were tiny dots.  Were those red spider mites?  If not, any ideas?

Seen all the pics, high def detail all that but I'm picturing how they look in 1st person, tiny bright red dots you could barely see the legs on.

Cheers all, just no one else to ask!

We used to call them Red Brick mites but apparently they're  Clover mites aka Gooseberry mites. :yep:   

Is that a picture of yourself in your avatar? :unsure:  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saddam said:

We used to call them Red Brick mites but apparently they're  Clover mites aka Gooseberry mites. :yep:   

Is that a picture of yourself in your avatar? :unsure:  

nice one thank you! I'll have a read.

Nah mate, I'm into my photos and somehow for me it's a powerful image.  It's not meant to be funny, or noted even it just happens to be the first pic I ever downloaded so there's a bit of sentiment just for me in using it, just out of habit.  No clue as to the guys in it, though I've tried plenty of times out of curiousity.