The Canna range - how do you eat yours?

MajorFlop

Hi all, 

I'm looking for growers who have experience with using the Cana nutrients range. I'm about to start my first grow and want some advice on when and how to use the following nutrients. 

(All canna range)

A+B

Calmag

Rhizo

Pk 13/14

Additional items 

Ph pen

Ppm meter

Ph up + down

Slim doing a 4 plant scrog in a 1.5x1.5 tent under 2x 600w digital balasts. I'm growing in coco in fabric pots. Hand watering. I'm potting up as following:  jiffy pellets >1litre > 4 litre > 12 litre > 25 litre. 

Question 1 - which nutrients would you use at which stages of the seeds/plants life. And how much. Just a starting point wouldnt be nice and I can go from there. 

Question 2 - would you add additional nutes?

Question 3 - would you use smaller final pots? 

Thanks beautiful people. 

• Like 1

I would forget the 25 litres,they far too big for coco.12litres will grow a tree. PH about 5.8 - 6,from start to chop. EC veg 0.8 - 1.2 ish max. Flower EC  1.6 ish max. Calmag is needed if your water ec is 0.4 or less,it's classed as soft water. PK during flower,best read the bottles label for strength and when to add,but it's not neccesary,if you've already bought it,you might as well use it. ATB mate :yep:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2020 at 10:58 AM, ursus1000 said:

I would forget the 25 litres,they far too big for coco.12litres will grow a tree. PH about 5.8 - 6,from start to chop. EC veg 0.8 - 1.2 ish max. Flower EC  1.6 ish max. Calmag is needed if your water ec is 0.4 or less,it's classed as soft water. PK during flower,best read the bottles label for strength and when to add,but it's not neccesary,if you've already bought it,you might as well use it. ATB mate :yep:

@ursus1000 It doesnt look like majorflop could could back and thank you for your advice!! 

I'm about to start my own grow so trying to gather as much research as possible, thanks for that info its appreciated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

so trying to gather as much research as possible

Well I can put another slant on it to confuse you even more lol

On 05/07/2020 at 10:58 AM, ursus1000 said:

Calmag is needed if your water ec is 0.4 or less

Thats not quite true. Mines .3 and I only use calmag if my plants show me they need it and that is rarely

1 hour ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

PK during flower

Thats a personal preference. I never use a pk and haven't done for years

Growing cannabis doesn't have rules that are set in stone. What works for some doesn't for others. Its all about your own preference and what your plants ask for and with everyones environment being different then the plants needs are different too

Owd

• Like 7

Cal mag wise canna say that there coco range is made for water with an e.c of 0.4 If ur water ec is below that they say you should Bring ur ec to 0.4 with cal mag then add ur nutes , 

Canna have an excellent online grow guide where you can enter your EC, medium, res size etc and it tells you exactly what to add and when.

It’s a useful guide but only really as a starting point as you still need to tweak nutrients up or down depending on the plants response. 

Some of the nutrients increase the ec more then others and you learn over time what you can leave out and when to manage it. For example I leave the cannazym out completely these days and only use Rhizo up to flowering. The guide will suggest you use both for the entire grow but it’s not necessary. 

Hope this helps. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, MajorFlop said:

(All canna range)

A+B

Calmag

Rhizo

Pk 13/14

Hi I completed my first grow using the full canna range including Zym and their Boost, I am not sure how well their boost works but I wanted to make sure I had everything to hand.

I am now well underway with my second and third grows and so far canna is pretty good, my base ppm measures 350 so I top up with cal mag to make it 450-500 then add the rest A+B, Rhizo, Zym, PK, BOOST.

For germ I just fed them some cal mag and phed water and they popped nice in 4 days direct in coco.

I made the mistake of not feeding right away in coco once the seedling had popped up with its cottys so since that I just started seedlings on some Calmag and 0.5ml A+B , 0.5ml Rhizo perL water and they seem to be doing fine.

The only additional nutes I can say to try would be adding the Zym and Boost from canna if you dont already have them, I did notice the PK hardened the nugs up pretty well during flower im not so sure how well the BOOST works still gotta grow more :)

First run I did was 25L in coco with an auto and it was way way way overkill the rootball up in the top was huge with roots the size of fingers but the extremities of the pot where not filled that densly at all so I am using 4 x 10L pots now it saves a lot of coco and nutes!

As for when to give the nutes at what stages just follow the canna grow guide :) and start out low with each nute 0.5ml/1L and it should be good, you will start to see when the plants need something and be able to up the feed by 0.5ml of whatever you need.

when I saw pistils on the plant I give it 1-2 more days on veg nutes and then started adding boost, I will add pk around the later weeks of flower for 1 week around weeks 5 or 6 of the 8 week flower I have yet to experiment with feeding them pk for more than 1 week.

• 4 months later...