Wilma 8 x 6l pot system

Hazeherder

So basically I’m having to move away from my grow space around 60 miles away, will be able to keep it going and just come back once a week. So I’ve been looking into these Wilma systems.. I know I can make one myself but for me I’d rather just buy it if it’ll do the job for me. I have a few questions thou if anyone can kindly help. The one I was looking at has a 70l tank, which is gonna use a hella lot of nutes.. will I be able to get away with topping it up once a week and changing it every 2? Otherwise I’ll be running through 5l of coco a and another 5 of b which will end up costing a lot. I have everything else in my tent automated so it’s just this now really! Cheers for the help guys lol 

I managed to pull off 10 days in Egypt whilst using a 4 x 11 litre Wilma.  Just about made it.

I suggest 2 drippers in each pot just in case one clogs up ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

I managed to pull off 10 days in Egypt whilst using a 4 x 11 litre Wilma.  Just about made it.

Cheers man! Will be coming back weekly without fail will top up weekly then change bi weekly

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

How much did you need to top it up when you got back? Worried about the cost of nutrients 

I would say it depends on where you are in the cycle. In veg I can go over a week easy. Sometimes in flower I have to change res twice a week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

I would say it depends on where you are in the cycle. In veg I can go over a week easy. Sometimes in flower I have to change res twice a week.

Oh bollocks, I thought I’d be fine coming back once a week for a 70l tank :( back to the drawing board 

I would be dodged out by water change every 2 weeks.  Salt build up in the tubes and blockages also, use extra Atazyme to combat it.

I always changed mine weekly, except for the long visit to Egypt.

Cost is merely an investment that is returned in abundance  ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hazeherder said:

How much did you need to top it up when you got back? Worried about the cost of nutrients 

Had to top right up, was on the dregs lol

Iv got a 8x 11lt wilma, i dont use because i couldnt keep the ec down, i think a run to waste system is probably a better option if ya no there to keep a eye on it, this isnt chiseled in stone, theres grows about the boards in recirculating systems that do well, personally id have to say is, a wima is no the best system to walk away from for to long! 

DJ....

you should be ok for 7 days however not in late flower and in the summer,more like 5 days

vegging and early flower 7 days but you don't want your pump to run on empty

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joba said:

you should be ok for 7 days however not in late flower and in the summer,more like 5 days

vegging and early flower 7 days but you don't want your pump to run on empty

Think I’ll be getting the 8 x 11lr but not fill the pots completely so I’ve got the 70l tank, as for soil and nutes would I do full strength or half?

i was talking about 11l pots and 4 potter wilma

have heard those 8 potters aren't great as you don't get enough room for plants to develop(some get shaded by others)

4 pot wilma for meter square and 600w is the best way

2 hours ago, joba said:

i was talking about 11l pots and 4 potter wilma

have heard those 8 potters aren't great as you don't get enough room for plants to develop(some get shaded by others)

4 pot wilma for meter square and 600w is the best way

Rather a shorter veg time and scrog the 8 & lollipop 

• Like 1