When will photos begin flowering outdoors?

Amsterdan2020

Hey guys,

I'm currently on my first grow with 4 autos indoors and a couple of photos vegging out in 11L containers in my conservatory.

Just wondering at what point the photos will start to flower naturally given we are right in the midst of the longest days in the year. Will I be waiting until September for buds to start to form?

Also, I topped my photos a couple of weeks ago and did a bit of LST. Would you top these again now?

56iM3YF.jpg

rXKHMWh.jpg

• Like 2

Looking healthy but skinny, get her out in the wind if you can.

Suggest losing the bag holding all the water as things will rot, use a saucer so the run off water can escape and evaporate.

Yea, I would top them back and try get those branches thicker.  A long way until flowering yet I think.

• Like 4

It's just been the longest day so the days are already shortening. 

When the hours of light per day reduce sufficiently they will flower. Probably when it gets to somewhere just over 12 hours of light per day. 

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever had an outdoor grow go on much into October - the photo plant(s) should be ready to harvest by the end of September or even a week or two sooner. Dying for a smoke, eh? You'll regret harvesting early.

Oh, and the first reply is right - that plastic bag on the bottom of your auto pot is likely to cause a water stagnancy or over-watering issue. Use a tray or plate under your pot that you can tip the excess water out of.

• Like 1

@Amsterdan2020
Photo flowering onset depends on your latitude and strain to a certain extent. 
Im lat 51 and would expect plants that finish end September to mid October to start naturally flowing in early August when the light goes down to 15 hrs. This also depends on the amount of light pollution present in your garden. The autos don’t care but the photos won’t flower if you’ve got lights being flicked on and off. 
I wouldn’t bother topping anymore and concentrate on getting some growth on em and also ditch the plastic bag action. Keep feeding and switch to flower nutes when you see the first flowers forming. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

I should note that the plastic bag just serves as a drip tray when I water them, I take it off again once the water has drained out... It just saves the paint on the window sill until I find trays big enough and strong enough for them.

I've topped them again today and will shove them outside once this poor weather passes.

Ultimately these girls are destined to end up in my closet for flowering I think. I have about 4 weeks left on my autos.

I'm hoping by then I can scrog these to fill the grow space in my 3x2 closet.

Thanks again guys, I'll post updates as these girls grow.

I'd be careful just sticking them outside when they're that skinny, start off with a fan gently blowing on them and slowly make it stronger, going straight outdoors like that could do more harm than good, in the future you want to have a fan or wind blowing on them from the start and you should always harden off a plant gradually if possible. 

• Like 2