Nutrient guide for Aquafarm

bobby1970

Would you recommend leaving the dripper on 24/7 or not? Plants are only 2 weeks from seed so they are very small but I dunno,  they look a bit withered and im thinking maybe im over feeding by leaving the dripper on all day.

I am in really soft water area,EC of myy tap water is 0.0 and pH 7.7

I am adding cal mag in every feed 10ml from start to finish-well apart from flush of 5 days

When I haven't used cal mag could see it on leafs

wilma,60/40 mix

canna A&B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobby1970 said:

Would you recommend leaving the dripper on 24/7 or not? Plants are only 2 weeks from seed so they are very small but I dunno,  they look a bit withered and im thinking maybe im over feeding by leaving the dripper on all day.

sounds like the roots arent getting enough oxygen. this could be a few things, but a pic would make it easier to tell. 

what is your water level like? is it above the roots? if the leaves are drooping down its possible this is why, but a pic would tell a 1000 words.

its also quite possible you are over feeding, what ec and ph are you giving them?

Edited by badbillybob

Thanks for the input guys, very much appreciated! 

Ok, so I set the EC to 0.2 and the PH 5.5 but after 24 hours the PH is up to 7 and the EC is usually around 0.6.

It's a pain im the arse tbh, I have to adjust the PH constantly and if the EC gets above 0.6 I'm throwing away the entire water and start from scratch. 

My routine is....

Add about 13 litres of water from tap (ph comes out around 8 and the EC is 0) so it's probably sitting around 2 or 3 inches under the top bucket,  but thr plants are so small that they don't have roots under the bucket anyways. 

Add about 10ml of silicon

Ionic grow nutrient to about 0.2 EC

About 25ml of Cannazym

Then set the PH using PH down to around 5.5

I will take pictures when I can...

• Like 1

i wouldnt bother with the cannazym myself, its more for coco and the likes to break down dead root material. 

i would add the silicone, at the rate you are and add grow till you get to 0.6ec, ph will be set to 5.8, but will rise over the first 24 hrs, and will usually settle, .....unless you never rinsed and phd your hydroton when you put it in there..

• 2 months later...