Seed packaging

stummer

I get the way it's packaged stops damage in the post. Just what's the easiest way to get to the seeds? Am I meant to just smash the plastic or shove something sharp enough into the glue end and hope it pulls out that way?

• Like 1

:yep:

Eta wrong link but there is a thread on it somewhere

A screw in the end and some pliers should do it.

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 2

I used a normal dinner knife just get into the glue then pry it out, it's glass not plastic too so be careful.

• Like 1

Melt the glue around the perimeter where it attaches to the wood, dont go to deep or you will ruin the bung that seals them in, I used some scissors heated to separate around the edge.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, smashed the first tube but not too bad so wasn't glass everywhere. Second one used a bottle opener and pulled it out no issues. Just wasn't sure if was some easier way and I was being a div.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, r3d said:

@stummer they not the easiest pack of seeds to open eh,but you cant knock the way they package them 

I don't know... I question if the wood is really necessary?!!

• Like 2

It's just a hot glue gun that seals them in.

Prise the glue out.

If you have any, an alcohol based cleaner will melt the glue slightly as well.

• Like 1

Put them in jiffys Friday, not fully up yet but can see all 6 have made it. Accidentally knocked the tray they are sitting on though so not sure what's what. Should be able to tell in flower though and only two strains. Reckon by the time I wake up a few will be fully up n poking out.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...