LA Gelato, Sunrise Sherbert, OGKZ and Gorilla Breath

Welcome to my HSO 2020 adventure.  Firstly thank you @HSO-Mark for sending the Sunrise Sherbert and LA Gelato seeds.  The OGKZ and Gorilla Breath are the seeds I won in the last PNC.

These will be grown under my 2 new Telos 10 pro LED lights in my 2.4 x 1.2m tent.... so very excited to see how the plants perform with the new lights. 

The OGKZ and Gorilla Breath are already a few weeks old waiting patiently for the Sunrise Sherbert and LA Gelato to join them.  I soaked 2 each of the SS and Gelato in water overnight then into seedling soil.  Both the Gelato were up in 48 hours, but only one SS.  So I tried another SS, another no show unfortunately.  I have the last 2 SS and 1 more Gelato soaking now so fingers crossed for at least one of the SS to come through.  The one SS that has made is has a very thin stalk and not looking to great.  I will be trying my best to nurse it to health.

Few pics to get the diary started.

large_hso.jpg

Sunrise Sherbert when first up, all good.

large_ss.jpg

Sunrise Sherbert now at day 7, not looking too good.

large.DSC_2475.jpg

La Gelato when first up

large.5ee8e028e175b_lagelato.jpg

La Gelato day 7

large.5ef08ba4d8cc6_lagelatoday5.jpg

And the OKKZ (back row)  Gorilla breath (front row)  They are doing well under the new LED

large.DSC_2474.jpg

That's it for the start.  Got everything crossed for the rest of germination.  Comon Sunrise Sherbert be nice!

• Like 13

@shire apart from the Sunrise Sherbert you look to be of to a nice start ;)

Keep me posted on the Sunrise mate :yep: and best of luck ;)

This should be fun  :cheers:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

Since last update, the one Sunrise Sherbert that had a very thin stalk has died.  The other LA Gelato has come through along with one of the SS.. So that gives me 3/3 for the LAG and 1/5 on the SS.  Apologies @HSO-Mark for my poor germ rate on the Sunrise Sherbert.  

Forgot to put in first post that they started off in seedling soil, then into  coco, final pots will be 6.5 Litre and Bionova a/b with Rhizotonic for food.

Pics of the new additions, which will be under 100w prop light for the next few days before going under the new LEDs.

LA Gelato

large.DSC_2504.jpg

Sunrise Sherbert

large_ss5.jpg

• Like 12

Hey mate, sucks on the couple bad germinations but nice to see your on the go now. I noticed my Sunrise Sherbert was a lil slower to get up an going compared to my San Bacio Gelato, not just as vigorous but soon caught up in the first week. 
That’s a really cool first pic off the L.A Gelato with the shell still attached. 
Good luck dude. 

• Like 8

Hey bud

Will be popping my HSO beans in a few weeks, nice to see where others are at. Will be running the SS - might stick a few back-ups down in case I have germ issues myself. 

All the best :lucky: 

• Like 9

Cheers @SYZYGY, all the best for yours when you get going.  Amo has had good germ rate with the SS, so maybe just my method at fault mate.

• Like 8

Delighted to report that the last SS came through, yay ! :guitar:

large.5efcc86ae6891_lastss.jpg

So that gives me a total of

2 x Sunrise Sherbert

2 x Gorilla Breath

3 x LA Gelato

3 x OGKZ

Edited by shire
added pic
  • Like 7

@shire

Just catching up, unlucky with the first few SS glad the last one is doing her thing. Best of luck with the rest of the grow buddy 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 4

Cheers @Oldbear,  Now that the germination bit is over, it's full steam ahead and lets see how these telos 10 LEDS perform.

All the best with yours too mate :smokin:

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/07/2020 at 6:33 PM, shire said:

So that gives me a total of

2 x Sunrise Sherbert

2 x Gorilla Breath

3 x LA Gelato

3 x OGKZ

That's a fine line up :headbang:

How's things going since your last update mate? 

I hope well  :)

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

Cheers Mark, hope you had a great holiday.

Since last update things have not gone too well for the LA Gelato once I put them in their 6L pots.  I have given up on one of them as it just stopped growing.  The other two are recovering now with some healthy new growth phew !   The Sunrise Sherbert have been fine since potting up and are coming along a treat.  The OGKZ and Gorilla Breath are all ready to go to 12/12 but will have to wait until the SS and LAG catch up a bit.  It's gonna be a full tent!

Temp in the tent with the new LEDs is around 26 degrees on and 20 lights off.  Plants on 1ml/l ab and 1ml rhizo.

Few pics from today.

1st the recovering LA gelato

large_la.jpglarge_la2.jpglarge_la4.jpg

Sunrise Sherbert

large_ss3.jpglarge_ss1.jpglarge_ss.jpg

ogkz

large_ogkz.jpg

Gorilla Breath

large_gb.jpg

tent

large_tent.jpg

• Like 10

Hey mate, good to see you back posting in here, i didn’t realise it been a while. 
Sorry for your pot-up woe’s, seem’s a strange one that it only the one strain, maybe a very fickle strain. 
Good all others are flying along. 

:rockon: Dude. 

• Like 6

Cheers Amo n1.  When the plants got ill, I kinda went off the boil a bit posting wise :blushing:

Did find it strange that the LA Gelato did not enjoy my potting up method the same as the Sunrise Sherbert considering conditions were exactly the same.

Despite the wee setbacks it's all good to go and looking forward to the rest of the grow being much smoother.

atb shire :smokin:

• Like 7