RDWC water pump recommendations

2toke

Can anyone recommend a decent RDWC water pump for an undercurrent system? 

It needs to be an inline one, where the pump sits outside the control bucket, with 2 hose connectors - one input, one output and back into the control bucket, not submersible. I keep buying small pumps about 1500lph, but everytime I get one it's only designed to be submersible, with one hose outlet. Any recommendations would be really appreciated cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, if you're not already sorted for this, get an oase, dry, the eco ones will auto-stop the impeller if the pump senses no water flowing (due to root blockage, for example). They're not cheap, but relaible & come with 3-year warranty. Hth, smokee

+1 for oase.

I have an oase aquarius thats well over 15 years old and still going. Recently bought an optimax 2000, (on special at £40) comes with trendy blue fittings for inline/dry mounting. Adjustable flowrate whether you mount it wet or dry.

• Like 1

Jecod DC pumps - maybe/hopefully, as thats what Ive just bought for the same job.

Anyone able to confirm they're suitable or disappoint me?

• Like 1

Jecod pumps do a job, but dont flow what they claim to, but then again hardly any of them do. 

they are dc pumps so cheaper to run, which is a bonus in the long term. 

let us know how you get ion with it.

is it the adjustable flow rate one? this is a definite benefit in recirculating undercurrent.

• Like 1