Mighty Cleaning is so LONGGGG

growinggold

Hello all,

Avid mighty fan bar the long long cleaning involved, this possibly only downside to mighty. I loath to do it but needs must.

Please see the photo below of the cooling mouth pieces after being soaked in ISO still sticky AF and it properly cakes your fingers in oily/resin/tar when doing this which is also very annoying, and again bit to clean. 

large.5ee88cb269ac4_thumbnail_IMG_20200614_143943-Copy.jpg

Questions:

1. Is there any easier way of doing this?

2. What size is the finest gauze in the bottom and where can you buy them cheap?

3. (bit off topic this) Was looking at the dynavap is this also a mofo to clean?

4. Does one load of a dynavap equal the same dosing capsule of mighty?

5. Is session quicker with dynavap

6. Does the dynavap create much of a smell? (love the fact the mighty is very very subtle)

@Egzoset  What vape would you recommend? Ill try my best to understand half you reply. 

Thanks All

GG

• Like 1

You can buy a whole pack of replacement screens cheap as chips  off eBay.

I have a spare mouthpiece that I use when cleaning the mighty. I only ever do it once every couple of months, soak everything in iso, then use q tips to get the more stubborn bits off. I don't find it too much of a hassle personally 

I've used both dynavap and mighty, I really like both but mighty wins for me every time. I like the dosing capsules, I feel it hits harder, more convenient, don't need torch lighter etc.

• Like 5

hey buddy,

I have only had mine after a month of heavy use.

I have yet to clean it with anything other than earbuds.

I simply clean it when the device is really hot.

takes the worst off everytime!

ATB

OTFG

• Like 2

@OLaC thanks just got some for £1.30. Wont be cleaning them again, wahoo.

I guess i will have to stick to keep at it then.

Is the dvnovap comparable? would it take couple of loads to match a capsule.

Im also fan the dosing capsules tbh, 2 in the evening and im gurddd.  

Also how long do you sessions last with one capsule, im thinking im over cooking them in the effort to get every last drop if THC out them. 

• Like 1

large_volc.png

Hey @growinggold

I've got both and I think they're excellent bits of kit.

My Mighty is my daily drive, I'll go through periods when I use the Dynavap more but I always go back to the Mighty.

This is definitely not an exact science but I'd say the Dynavap experience is more like a spliff, while the Mighty experience is more like a pipe.

With the Dynavap you're lighting/hitting, lighting/hitting but with a Mighty you can take your time a bit more... But maybe that's just how I use it.. :D A lot of my mates who have transitioned from smoking to vaping found the Dynavap to be a great stepping stone.

I think the Dynavap is more economical, you put less in but you probably need 2/3 bowls to match a bowl on the Mighty.

I would definitely recommend getting the Dynavap, it's pretty reasonably priced and I've never met anyone that wasn't really impressed with what it does, especially for the price.

I've got the dosing capsules but not used them so can't help with that... Think I should probably be giving them a go...!!

Hope that's helpful :yep:

FF

PS With that user name you should definitely be taking a look at the limited edition Volcano too lol

Edited by Freddy_Freekowtski
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, growinggold said:

@OLaC thanks just got some for £1.30. Wont be cleaning them again, wahoo.

I guess i will have to stick to keep at it then.

Is the dvnovap comparable? would it take couple of loads to match a capsule.

Im also fan the dosing capsules tbh, 2 in the evening and im gurddd.  

Also how long do you sessions last with one capsule, im thinking im over cooking them in the effort to get every last drop if THC out them. 

No probs mate, reckon it would be a couple of loads on the dynavap to equal a dosing capsule of the mighty. 

I tend to start at 180C then 195c then finish on max...I've tried using the avb for edibles and whatnot but is a waste of time of you take it to max temp as pretty much got all the goodies out..tends to be quite dark brown when I'm done.. hard to say time, if I hammer it like 5mins, usually make one capsule last 10-15mins I'd say.

• Like 1

@Freddy_Freekowtski give the capsules a go mate, keeps everything so much cleaner, I like to fill a load up, so easy to drop one out and put another in, even when put and about of need be.

I like em so much I got a stem.that takes em for my tubo evic :D

large.IMG_20190722_142337_1-756x1008.jpg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, OLaC said:

@Freddy_Freekowtski give the capsules a go mate, keeps everything so much cleaner, I like to fill a load up, so easy to drop one out and put another in, even when put and about of need be.

I like em so much I got a stem.that takes em for my tubo evic :D

large.IMG_20190722_142337_1-756x1008.jpg

Nice one @OLaC :yep:

I'll give them a go tonight!

Not seen those Tubo Evics before... Look very nice indeed... Must remind myself that I already have a volcano, a Firefly 2, 2 mightys, a dynavap and a dab rig :D

So.. errr... should I get one?? :D:D  :D

FF

• Like 2

Give me glass a rinse and iso wash atleast once a week. Really cant deal with even a thin film build up.. eww:mellow:

Really doesnt take longer than 15mins.. 

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 4

Hi I use the glass water pipe attachment, without the water and find for me its better than the mouthpiece/cooling bit 

Edit to say Mighty

Edited by lez
  • Like 1

In the past I have chucked the mouthpiece in a saucepan with some milk, let it simmer gently for 10 mins before making hot choclate with the milk, the mouthpiece then gets a quick scrub with soapy warm water.

• Like 3

My Volcano and Vape Xhale have for the most part sat unused since I got my Mighty. Shame Storz & Bickel have been bought out by a Canadian firm, I’m thinking I’ll give them a swerve in future, especially with vapes like the Tinymight to try!

Like the OP I have 3 mouth piece units on the go and soak in ISO overnight as a job lot. Careful though, if you soak too long the labels start to peel off.  Means I only have to do a cleaning session every 6 weeks.  Using a fine gauze reduces the build up inside ime especially if you give it a wipe when it’s still hot to soak up some of the waste oil.  Another big fan of dosing capsules, so handy indoors let alone out and about!  I have never cleaned my dosing capsules since they don’t seem to get too clogged...

• Like 2

Salutations GrowingGold,

5 hours ago, growinggold said:

...long long cleaning involved...

That's a trade-off i dealt with long ago by choosing to torch my screens for maintenance, since i don't mind as much as i used to about "reclaims".  To be honest "blending" (fresh + ABV) explerimentation is no less satisfying, surprizingly...  But that must be a hint confirming how well the "baking" effect has been tamed down, hence i don't expect the owers of a Hot Dry Air Ovenizer to access similar perspectives because i needed "Pulse Heating" to reach that rewarding orjective.  Of course if deep extraction is prefered then that's no bid deal, i'm just done with that path leading me to a dead end while abstainance is no desired option.

When i die i hope they'll find me with an expression of serenity in my rocking chair, holding my customized VG pipe under a few spring sunrays.  Anyway screen torching requires no more than half a minute of my time if i include its brushing...  Actually i find that ritual occupation almost "ludic", especially for an elder:  you don't imagine the number of times i keep it in my hand simply to enjoy the warmth, often forgetting to put it on the table!

:med:

Nope, maintenance is no hassle and that's by design.

What vape would you recommend?

The DynaVap VapCap people seemed so driven for a while, IH-driven to be exact.  This was giving me great hopes before this type of eneregy breaks designer barriers like never before, just enjoy what the fundamental laws of nature got to offer!  Most unfortunately it appears too much focus is directed on electronics implementation although too little effort gets invested in the delivery method itself.  IMO DV's CCD Screen feature which supports the temperature-related "clicker" effect obliges this manufacturer to restrict its offer, which in turn reflect in terms of Energy Budget and hence portability/autonomy, forcefully...

If it's about spoiling money for the sake of a consumerist satisfaction then i'd personally want to check the metered dosing products.  Those are e-Cig based devices that cheat by using oil cartridges instead of dry flowers, which exposes to the random risks associated to 3rd-parties.  So i didn't/won't jump into this other bandwagon just yet.  Our SQdC monopoly won't be authorized to sell e-Cigs apparently produced in my province, but that may come to change after a couple elections, go figure!

So...

From the bottom of my hart, my advice is to consider spending that money on a DiY venture compatible with your own immediate objectives.  At this point i figure it's going to begin with portability.  Then i gamble on on-demand toking, so you see "Pulse Heating" might be for you as well.  It's only a matter of consumption method, using my pipe i call it "Micro-Bursting".  But why pick a butane-based "Plan-B" when there could be a precision IH-driven "Plan-A"!  The open avenues awaiting brave pioneers might prove overwhelming;  that's hobbyist fun which could propel you into a new dimmension!!

In short join the fun where it has a brilliant future.  Join the IH people, then you can still assemble a suitable handle using refurbished components...  :yep:

5 hours ago, OLaC said:

You can buy a whole pack of replacement screens cheap as chips off eBay.  ...  I like the dosing capsules...

Je plussoie.  A capsule system is what kept my HerbalAire clean enough to consider a resale - though i wouldn't actually want others to repeat the same frustrations if it's avoidable!  I also like the idea of swapping them while one stays in alcohol until the next swap.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 3

Thanks all for the great replys and ideas.

@OLaC might swerve the DV then tbh. Stick with the trusty 185 - 195 -219 mighty.

I will definitely try cleaning while warm next time, I was always bit worried about fire with regards cleaning warm and using iso. Don't have a clue why guess just a little pranger.

@grooving great post as you can see all my stickers have peeled off. Ha. I'm very lazy.

I do like the look of tinymight, very interesting. Seems a little underground. 

@Egzoset I've decipherd this to mean i should make a vape that delivers portability and on demand toking. You speak of pulse heating a lot. Im sure you will have posted about it lot could you point me to your latest diy post. What does IH mean?

• Like 3