Bubble bags and rosin press

Freddy_Freekowtski

Hey people,

It's nearly time to chop my girls and I'm thinking about the best way to use my trim...

I've got a set of Bubblebags, and my Mrs bought me a rosin press last Christmas (I still can't quite believe my luck lol)

I don't smoke anymore so I have to end up with something that I can Vape/dab.

I was thinking I could make some bubble with the bags then press it for dabbing but I'll only have trim from 2 (not particularly big) girls so I'm not sure if I'll end up with much...

Anyone got any thoughts on the best way to use the trim up with the equipment I've got?

Cheers :yep:

FF

Hey guys,

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone pressed bubble before? Worth it for me with quite a small amount of trim? Or can you just press the trim without making it bubble first?

Would love to hear from some experienced hash makers!!

Cheers :yep:

FF

You could use the bags to fry sift the trim and then rosin the sift.  You could also just press the trim but sift will be easier than doing ice extraction. Both ways will be a nice end 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

You could use the bags to fry sift the trim and then rosin the sift.  You could also just press the trim but sift will be easier than doing ice extraction. Both ways will be a nice end 

Hey @Arthur Mix

Thanks for getting back to me bro, very appreciated :)

That's a great idea, was actually thinking of making a sift of some sort, hadn't considered you could use the bags like that.

Is there a particular micron that'd work best?

Thanks again dude :yep:

FF

• Like 1

It depends on the product to screen size used most the magic is 90u and under although sometimes I do 110.  

• Like 2

@Arthur Mix

Hey man, sorry to be cheeky but could I ask the best way to prepare my trim to be sifted?

Straight in? Frozen? Dried? Something I've not thought of??

Thank you bro :yep:

FF

Dry sifting tends to be done dry or it clogs screens etc. Not powder dry just dry if you get me. I’ve tried freezing dry stuff but just cba with it. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

@Arthur Mix

Thanks dude, I'll just leave it to dry with the bud for a couple days :yep:

I've just realized we're family (father and cat) :D

FF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little Rosin last night :)

Only a tiny amount for a few sessions (also took a bit of a dent last night... :D) and not great pics but thought I'd share anyway! large.5ef85d6fd1800_wax1(3).jpg

This is made with low fluffy popcorn buds from a @dinafem Chronic 2+, pressed for 40 seconds at 104f, it has a caramelly appearance with a glassy shine.

large_wax2.jpg

Same popcorn, same girl but 60 seconds at 94f, this has a shiny yet creamy appearance, like butterscotch.

large_wax3.jpg

and this is made with the sugar leaf from 2 dinafem critical 2 + girls (the one that the popcorn is from and her sister) dried and shaken over a screen, kief then pressed for 65 seconds at 82f, looks like evil putty :D

Thanks to @Arthur Mix and @Greenls for guidance :yep:

FF

PS Excuse the kids pants in the background :D 

Edited by Freddy_Freekowtski
  • Like 3