Pvc ducting and off gassing

Punk#1

Ive rigged up a temp drying box so that my intake from my main tent is sucking air through the drying box passively.

Only problem is the ducting I bought to connect the drying box to the main tent has that new beach ball rubber smell and it absolutely reeks!

I'm worried about this ducting being used for my intake to my main grow.. Is this going to cause probs for my flowering plants? I've read all the threads about off gassing and I think this is what is going on.. Just don't want my plants to smell like rubber or be affected in any way.. Ta

• Like 1

Hello :yep:

It might be worth giving it a wipe down with soapy water,could be production fluids/cleaner.

Or even take it off and get it hot so it does offgas but outside,surely theres only so much offgas before it runs out :unsure:

Hope you get it sorted :yep:

:smokin:

Edited by Mort
idea
  • Like 3

@MortGood call. I'll give it a hot bath in some fairy liquid, give it a scrub and then use a spare 4" rvk to blow through it for the rest of the night in the spare room.

Hopefully that should get rid of most of the smell by tomorrow.

Cheers for the tips!

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Your pulling air in and straight out, I doubt your going to have any problems with off gassing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Your pulling air in and straight out, I doubt your going to have any problems with off gassing.

Hope not mate. Harvesting 5 tomorrow and 2 more in 2 weeks, by then have my dedicated drying tent so yeah probably just over thinking it!

• Like 1

Well the ducting off gassing is the least of my worries now.. Got my passive dry box all set up but can smell the harvest coming through the fucking sides of the box lol

Got tons of airflow through the intake of the drying box.. Ducting is all taped up nice. No smell coming from main grow carbon filter.. But it fucking reeks.

Only panicking a little bit  :crybaby: Drying tent, fan and carbon filter is delayed. Gonna need to dry it all in the main fookin tent :wallbash: