Not another THC E-Juice Thread....

moodly

Hi

I'm looking to make some thc- infused vape liquid.

I've taken the time to read various threads including some on this forum. :-)

The easiest method I can find seems to be 70/30 pg/vg - 8ml per gram of bud, water bath 3/4 hours agitating every 30 minutes.

I've read mixed results from some people saying it's great final product to some saying it's merely nice tasting with a very mild effect.

Can a better product be made using a PEG /pg combo, without alcohol, what would the ratios be for dried herb to liquids?

The main problem I have read seems to be that the juice clogs/burns out coils real quick.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Salutations Moodly,

3 hours ago, moodly said:

...the juice clogs/burns out coils real quick.  Is there a solution to this?

M'yeah:  just say no to coil heaters.  Or perhaps lets consider a situation reversal of such e-Cig strategy which needs to evolve anyway:

Plan-_A_IH_Medical_Synthetic_Substrate_2

https:// s22.postimg.cc/t6w7ze1b5/Plan-_A_IH_Medical_Synthetic_Substrate_2015-_Nov-12_300x150.png ]

One solution could be to break "refils" into a multitude of oily dots that coat the tips of some microscopic heat-resistant tape or disc, similar to above.  Instead of a clogging accumulation taking place at a fixed location corresponding to some stationary heater it might be good enough to simply move the refil around, implying that each puff can begin from a new position using non-contact (Convective/Radiative) Spot-Heating while leaving cloggs behind at used (ABV) positions.  Other benefits from this fragmentation strategy being precision dosing and energy budget, but i suppose you depend on coils too much...

Good day, havef fun!!  :sorry:

Hi again Moodly,

10 hours ago, moodly said:

Would double filtering of the juice from when it's pressed from the initial cooking stage help? 

Using Pulse Heating i'm confident i can "atomize" pretty much any greasy stuff, provided it's fragmented (in terms of contact-surface), but i understand you're tied to the e-Cig coiled heater model so i'll just try to preserve at least an appearance of topic awareness to keep in touch with that reality you previously described about its clogging tendency.

It turns out i checked the "legal" Calgary/Alberta (LPs) current offer(s) yesterday and discovered that e-Cigs possibly producted in my province are still "illegal" around here but not out there, which says it all knowing the "ADDICTION MEDECINE" bigot prohibitionists are based there as well, euh...  Anyway.  ...  The point is it's a "disposable" (as in jetable) product if i'm not mistaking, m'well i recall 1 oil pen was worth about 70 tokes, possibly expressed as the amount of Heat Charges a battery will supply before it's rendered useless - which is when everything goes to garbage i suppose.

So i'd point out maybe coiled heaters are cost-efficient in short-lived applications as this, but when i comes to the superior features i must admit i got too little background relatively to oils in a customized VaporGenie pipe as mine.  What i remember that feels similar is when my consumption method & ritual caused a lot of wax to collect on my screen, which was a delight each time it happened - to bad i had to reduce power capacity to limit the risk of experiencing some physiological effect that i used to call "punch in the face", if memory serves me well (it was necessary to sit).  I mean there was no shortage of power, especially using a kitchen-size torch.  But i gather you prefer batteries in a portable "on-the-fly" format.  So maybe the correct answer is that there's no magic, m'well unless e-Cig enthousiasts lurking around will have better perspectives to share!

IMO there's got to be some trade-off somewhere.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

Might be better getting a dripper tank, That way it's just pennies to change the wick, coils can last months in drippers

• Like 3

Salutations Punk#1,

6 hours ago, Punk#1 said:

Might be better getting a dripper tank, That way it's just pennies to change the wick, coils can last months in drippers

Now that it is mentioned i'm starting to think of the "e-Mesh" by Propello.  What he calls a "Rebuildable Dripper Atomizer" actually reminds me of the MLFB, except this one matches a pen/cigar format.  Apparently his mesh-based RDA atomizer connects to e-Cig "modboxes" specifically designed with dripping e-Juices in mind...  One of the trade-offs being this:

« The mesh will last for many rounds of vaping and is cheap and easy to replace when needed. »

Which provides me with some hint as to why Hexo's e-Cigs are jetable i guess:  those DiY "rebuilds" are the price to pay for this degree of convenience, which ain't much different from my own maintenance routine in some way.

So, IMO the e-Mesh guy displayed such proactivity about his project so far i get the feeling such a conduction/radiative solution can meet Moodly's expectations and he'll even assist through this adventure, most certainly.

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

I cant work out whether you know loads about this or absolutely nothing relevant lol

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 8

Concentrate + couple of drops of terpenes in ceramic coil cartridge is the only way I'd make / use it.

• Like 4

@moodly Google Reddit/r/oilpen  and massterpenes

Dont bother with peg or VG or liquifiers. You want the cleanest and strongest product possible, with the terps method you're inhaling 99% cannabis and 1% terpenes (cannabis derived terpenes are available also.)

Hamilton devices are extremely reliable for ceramic coil cartridges, I just use one per fill, I think people have had luck refilling them tho.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I can't work out whether YOU know loads about this or absolutely nothing relevant

Oh, lets brace ourselves as we got a « You, you, you...  Me, me, me!  Alert!! », which i believe to compare to dogs sniffing each other's but...

Hummm...  This seems to call for a check of my [ Ignored Users ] list, euh...

:wassnnme:

Ah.  M'yeah, obvious enough.

Too bad there ain't many flags to differentiate which is which, this present instance probably being associated to TrudeauMania, FC Imports, etc., or even more likely a trickier mix.

Euh...

Yano, one thing i find peculiar with fanboyism and other similar imports is that it appears to reflect so much with "social" people who value virtual credentials gathered on-line, just as demonstrated here.  I mean, a completely Off-Topic 1-liner post did receive multiple "like" and me nothing so far, so it's a lot about image wars i guess.  Not to mention netiquette would be against this tribal behaviour, if it mattered at all...

Personally i believe it would be slightly exagerated to pose victorious over some "monster" conduction-mode scenario.  The level of acumulated thermal denaturation alone must be awful if not repulsive.

Enjoy the view, i declare YOU king of the hill!  :king:  You!  You!  You!

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

@Egzoset your way off the mark mate. 

I'm quite into vaping, not thc juice mind. Your post boggled my head because I understood very little of it with an awful lot of terminology and talk of stuff I k ow nothing of.

It was more of a dig regards myself and my lack of understanding because I don't have the knowledge to make head nor tale of it. 

Talk about vaping with guys who do a lot of their own builds and I follow perfectly but it was like you are talking about something alien to me.

You know like if I saw a muted video of someone pretending to play a guitar. Looks good to me but I'm not musical enough or know enough to be able to tell if they are a master or pretending

Put me on ignore for that lol whatever 

And here's me thinking your a fairly well considered and intelligent poster. We have obviously both seriously misjudged each other. 

All the best anyway chap. 

Edit. Perhaps it garnered the likes because people understood what I meant. Make sense now?

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

Maybe virtual on-line credentials should also account for a member's own drive to revenge, that way i imagine some of us here would learn to behaving more carefully in public...

Second post of the thread I can't work out. 

Kindly explain please @Egzoset

What have online credentials and revenge got to do with me being confused by a post? 

Have I upset you either in here or elsewhere? I sense an awful lot of hostility. If i have im sorry dude. 

I thought I was lost in this conversation before. Now I'm really lost. I don't even know what's going on now?

I was gonna ask some questions but I don't think I'll bother now

• Like 5

Lets spare some of each other's precious time using a communication channel which even the local talking moneys and but-sniffing dogs can figure out, except yourself so far, it seems:

TROLL-ALERT-IGNORED-USER-2020-Jun-11.png

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.