Is this spider mites?

UKsFinest

Hi guys I've just found this dodgey leaf on my plant with damage and eggs I've checked it under a 60x loupe and cannot see any movement so I think they are eggs I ran my fingers under the leaf while it was on the plant and got some orange stuff on my finger so I must of squashed one. just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best way to go about dealing with this thanks. large.IMG_20200605_221850_compress42.jpglarge.IMG_20200605_222339_compress86.jpglarge.IMG_20200605_222522_compress44.jpg

Wrong sort of damage I reckon.

Had the sh*ts last 3 grows, think I finally eradicated them this grow.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspiration101 said:

Wrong sort of damage I reckon.

Had the sh*ts last 3 grows, think I finally eradicated them this grow.

What do you rekon that could be mate I've just ordered some predatory mites Phytoseiulus persimilis. Hopefully that can take care of whatever that is. That's a bummer man 3 grows how did it all turn out in the end though I've read some horror stories and I've been through a couple myself tbh.

Sorry, no idea.  Check underside of leaves also.

Someone else in the know will pop in I'm sure :yep:

• Like 1

chopping early by 2 or 3 weeks due to infestations is no fun.

Pull the infested leaves to lower the outbreak is all I can advise in good conscience.

• Like 1

Guest icki

Could be Aphid eggs maybe...loads around outside at the moment.

E2a although for some reason I normally see them on the underside of the leaves...

Edited by icki

Right I've checked em over everywhere and I can't find any more signs touch wood I think that could of been the beginning of whatever they are but handy to have the predators on board anyway so don't mind spending a few quid just to make sure they are gone.

I don't think they are spider mites - those are eggs of some kind for sure, but not spider mite but I'd say thrips

• Like 4

2 hours ago, buddy13 said:

are you sure its not pollen from a flower?

Yeah man there's no bananas or hermies mate definitely some sort of damage and eggs I've got predators on the way that's the only bit of damage that I can see touch wood. Do you think it's ok to add a few predators without seeing many pests

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

add a few predators without seeing many pests

this is always good practice as a preventative at the least:yep:

• Like 1

Just now, buddy13 said:

this is always good practice as a preventative at the least:yep:

Thanks man I will definitely start using them and nematodes from now on I've got a few fungus gnats aswell 

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

defo not mites, you will see very light speckling on leaves as a first sign

That's what I thought too but not sure what it is it's the only leaf I could find damage on and definitely eggs on there any idea what other sort of pest it would be?

2 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

That's what I thought too but not sure what it is it's the only leaf I could find damage on and definitely eggs on there any idea what other sort of pest it would be?

could be anything mate, but i have never seen eggs on the leaf like that, i would put it down to some chancing insect passing through

• Like 1