Where to cut?

Hey everyone looking a bit of advice on where to cut. 

Presumably the red line just above the node to allow growth on branch to continue. Then cut the blue line at the node to be dipped in clonex? 

Should I let it rock on a bit more as well? The end of this week will be a months growth, should I wait til then? 

large._20200603_091218.jpg

@zen-ken

@splifi

@teehee

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by TheGreenShabeenReturns

Blue line is wrong side of node. 

Roots grow from the node so you want to be cutting following the line of the leaf stem  or thereabouts.

E2a. 

large.5ed768866c0e5_Screenshot_20200603-101135_SamsungInternet.jpg

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 19

I’ve been cutting wherever i feel like lately and been getting near 100%, 40/40 a couple of times 

Edited by Herbi

Like @blackpoolbouncer said and attached a fantastic pic to boot.

I cut at the red line (Below a node) but strip the two runners at the blue line. (As in pic) ( I have also cut just below the blue line...a cm under and still had success....just below the node is the key)

I go for a 45 degree cut and then I ‘rough’ up the surrounding area a little.....(just scrape the very very top layer off to promote And expose the root area. Only about 3/4 of an inch.

then fill the cube hole with clonex....dip ur cut in clonex stick it in and ur off.

drench them with sprayed water and in the prop.

(I have a slightly different method for bare aeroponic cloning)

i always trim the edges off the top leafs (about half way up the fingers) as the clone can’t cope with the big leafs and trying to grow roots. ime 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

Never let that clone dry out....if it loses pressure....it’s dead.

the second u cut get them straight into water while u do the next stages

I always pretreat my mums with a good foliar spray of nitrozyme about 2 days before I cut.....the better cuts are nearer the top as they have the most growing hormones in them

(sorry reply is late ....switched phones and this one didn’t want to connect to the cloud for some reason.) 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

@Herbinow behave, my usual haberdashery ways would do the same and cut wherever willy nilly but I'll go with BPBouncer and Zen-Ken. Though I'm kind of envious of your successful booberish tactic.

@splifiyeah he hit the bullseye

@zen-kenhey Ken I pretty much did what you wrote there along with adhering to the diagram BPBouncer put up.

Here goes

Got brand new dog grooming scissors (all I had) 

Filled plastic pint cup with water, some great white shark beni's just to use them up hope it was OK, and a good old glug of clonex into it. 

Soaked root riot plugs in cup for about fiddy minutes. 

Whilst plugs were soaking I went up and Sweeny Todd'deded the bottom two bottom branches, I  thought they had more growth hormones in them and without any scientific basis to prove this I ploughed on. 

When cuttings were taken stuck em into cup. 

Put cuttings into clonex then plug then pro

Jesus he just shit himself back soon

Don’t bother with the bennnies 

they can really fuck with the cloning process ime. 
just plain old water 24hrs out so no chlorine and clonex for this 

(don’t even ph it) 

when they look like cousin it underneath....then u can start with bennnies and feed..... it should say on that great white not to use it until you have a good root structure. 

Edited by zen-ken

i usually cut through the node but the lower side of the node, i have also started using these party cups, they are pretty amazing at keeping the local environment spot on and so sitting them in a heat mat set to 26oC and a gentle light like a t5, and they will root in 2-3 weeks, i had 100% with this

large.5e931ec0332bd_cloningcup.jpglarge.5e931ebe8f0b2_cloningcups.jpglarge.5ea2c96adaa9a_noname2.jpglarge.5ea2c96caa684_noname3.jpg

• Like 6

@zen-kenno benni's from now on. Just whanged them in but not no more. Hope they are OK. Even done the 45 angle cut but never scraped the fine outer layer. Guess time will tell hiw they get on. 

@ratdogseen that before on your post, really good idea but what about the light hitting the roots is that OK? I kind of tried to do what you said when you said through but at the bottom of it. By that I mean the 45 angle cut would be at the bottom of the node.

6 minutes ago, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

seen that before on your post, really good idea but what about the light hitting the roots is that OK?

as you can see they look fine and rooted fast enough. you can put theparty cups in small flower pots if you are concerned but i had no issues, and the point of it being clear is so you can see progress without fiddling with them and probably killing them.

this will be my preferred method for the future

I kind of tried to do what you said when you said through but at the bottom of it. By that I mean the 45 angle cut would be at the bottom of the node.

that's exactly what i did mate, worked a dream.

• Like 2

You can see in @ratdog pictures where he has cropped the bigger leafs....nothing savage....just a trim of the pointy bits. (Remember you have not got the established plant driving these leafs and they are too big for the clone)

Cut just under the node...like 5mm to a cm.

then a gentle scrape to remove the waxy stuff. (Give this a go next time) 

im not surprised rat gets 100% with this method tbh....I would use the same but I need mine to root out in stones so use the x stream 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

large.oldassxstream.jpg

ive done it like this and bare stalked it as well ......both work...the fastest was bare stalked with clonex as the base but they are very easy to damage done bare stalk ime 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 0:38 AM, Herbi said:

I’ve been cutting wherever i feel like lately and been getting near 100%, 40/40 a couple of times 

I took 2 cuts from one plant, one above the node and one below. Both rooted.

If you think about it though, cutting above the node means you've just cut a long way below the node above really