another highland ganja adventure

badbillybob

hello, well, I was struggling to get some motivation for doing this years outdoor adventure, but after getting my HSO plants out, I thought tom myself, hmmm ! 5 plants! , outdoors in Scotland!, photo periods! no back up plan? what could go wrong?

I have not had much luck with photos, I will admit, but managed to crop a ounce or two from a few autos a few years back, and last years autos were looking banging, right up till the rot got them. Last years weather was garbage tho, lots of rain, high humidity, no sun etc, it was a disaster. Probably a disaster because I did my biggest outdoor adventure to date...bah!

If I had done it the year before I would have been swimming in bud, it was a scorcher, but that's just part of the whole outdoor growing thing at Lat 57....and typical of my luck....

So, this year im gonna use more bags of soil, as the native soil is too saline/acidic and weed doesn't grow in it..

So today I got the trusty Bergen out again, sang some bulllshit US marine corp songs to myself, and humphed just under half a ton of soil out to the plot. about a 3/4 of a mile from the car......

the only good bit about this was it just started raining properly as I dropped the last bag at the site

Here is the site, obviously the photo wasn't taken today....large_101.JPG

So I have 8 bags of soil, which I am not digging holes for, im just gonna cut them in half, surround the bag with chicken wire mesh, and poke holes in the bottom of the bag for drainiage. I might add some coco blocks to them, just to try retain some more water, within them. 

I have no idea if its gonna work or not, but nothing ventured and all that (and it saves me digging holes)

Strains are very kindly donated by Dinafem Mark, so thanks once again mate, and they are white widow xxl auto, and moby dick xxl auto. Im gonna do 4 of each and save one from the packets for another day. they are in paper towels now. 

Lighting is gonna by the big HPS in the sky and feeds are gonna be a new brand called cloudburst lol...

Let the adventure begin

• Like 16

@badbillybob Nice to see you getting a few Dinafem girl's out this year :yep:

Best of luck buddy :cheers:

Just when we thought things couldn't get weirder @badbillybob starts 2 outdoor threads lol

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

I put these out today, im a bit concerned about the towers, they are rather narrow,

I just used what I already had for cages cos im skinter than the church mouse just now. 

heres the survivorslarge_100.JPG

• Like 7

ell they have been out for about a week or so, not much development, had a few cloudy overcast or misty days.

I wasn't happy with the towers I built, they would not have got enough water

, so I phoned me mate "got any tyres, old ones", "er yeah, how many" "5" yeap, thatll do

he didn't mention they were fricken huge 4x4 tyres that weighed a ton, but never mind,as I say, ... if its free, …..its for meeee.

luckily I had a spare 2 and a half bags of soil, but I used them, and the last tyre was a bit short, oh what a shame nevermind.

heres todays happier picture.large_105.JPGlarge_103.JPGlarge_102.JPGlarge_101.JPGlarge_100.JPG

ive got a trail cam up, but zero hits so far, which is just the way I like it, not even a fox or deer tho, blimey..

• Like 9

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

so I phoned me mate "got any tyres, old ones", "er yeah, how many" "5" yeap, thatll do

That's your "phone a friend" lifeline gone lol

Made me smile that has ;)

Something the old man used to do, but he cut them and flipped inside out :headbang:

I hope we are in for some sun and this rain goes away  ;)

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

yeah mate, the tyres are pretty much old skool outdoors method.

the black rubber keeps some heat in there as an added bonus.

spent the last 2 hours trying to remove 2 ticks from the back of my legs, directly behind the knee cap, one on each, virtually the same place.

ive also tweezered off 3 more from my arm/neck..they love me, think im right tasty, must be the weed oozing outa my pores they are after ha ha

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

On 15/06/2020 at 9:27 PM, badbillybob said:

they love me, think im right tasty, must be the weed oozing outa my pores they are after ha ha

lollollol

The perils of outdoor growing lol

Mark..

• Like 2

well, if you look in the above pics you can see the anti slug pellets everywhere, cant you?

today nothing to be seen. I don't know if it was the wind blew them away or the rain soaked them in or what, but the long and short of it is destruction.

look for yourself, lots of empty sites …...gutted......after all that work, the slugs have eaten out on them.

ive got 2 survivors left, a moby and a widow, the widow and a load of empty sites. the moby is bigger but I didnt get a pic.

I did plaster the bases with more pellets tho...

Im really disappointed with this, but I suppose I should have gone don't and checked them more often, its just the tick situation that put me off to be honest. 

oh well, I suppose theres always next year...

Sorry Mark.

large_104.JPGlarge_105.JPGlarge_106.JPGlarge_107.JPGlarge_101.JPG

• Like 6

Its them Scottish slugs Bob! Fucking hardcore they are....pellets probably the equivalent of a can of Iru Bru for 'em lol  Sorry to hear your loss though....slugs are the devils work man!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

they came back for more. despite me throwing loads of slug pellets down , they seem to be dissappearing. must be the wind or something, i dunno. Anyway, long and the short of it are  that i have 2 survivors. 

try not to laugh -too much

widow xxl and the moby, oh dear, im sorry about this Mark. Bit of a dissaster....The HSO ones look a bit better...

i should have planted them out earlier into some decent soil, instead of the cheap asda crap, but theres always next year i suppose. 

large_24.JPGlarge_23.JPG

• Like 5

On 7/10/2020 at 7:23 AM, badbillybob said:

Bit of a dissaster.

That about some it up for me also.

The only ones that survived is my 420 plants.

CJ

TBK

BK

• Like 2

Lessons learned.....

i should have started them earlier,

got some decent root stim into them first, then put them out.

prepped the soil properly with some fbb etc

But its not exactly been a baking hot summer up here anyway..

these are all gone now, shame , but next year,................ i tell ya...........this time next year Rodders

• Like 4

I thought this would be a great year for GG.

Boy, was I wrong; like you said @badbillybob the heat for me has been 32 - 35, 36c with very little rain.

The funny thing is I live across the pond at 51 lat.

The little rain I have had doesn't last long with these temperatures and high humidity also.

My plants are still alive, and not as big as I thought they would get. 

Making trips every other day to water.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2020 at 9:18 PM, badbillybob said:

but next year,................ i tell ya...........this time next year Rodders

lollollol

Onto your big indoor project  :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1