Nute selection

Leafneck

Hello all, I'm a  Coco grower  hoping I can simplefy my basket when buying nutes, Ive been using the bloom yellow bottle range which has been great, but I've had a bottle of seafuel go bad and now a bottle of "B" go mouldy inside. Also with it being organic I beleive these nutes are the cause of a big build up of salts and muk like shit in my Wilma reservoir.  All that probably cost about £420 and lasts 2 grows. 

large.20190505_191732_compress46.jpglarge.20190505_191812_compress89.jpg

From what I've read, you can keep it as simple as a bottle of a& b through out the whole grow. But I just want to cut out some of the gimmick products and simplify what I use. 

So far for my basket:

canna a & b 

Bloom root stim

Ph down

What I need to choose :

A good silica/silicon 

Any pk13? 

Any cal mag? 

I've only ever used blooms "ooze" which is their boost, never tried any other, I've read about 30 posts with people's opinions on if boosts work or not so wondering what boosts people have used in coco which they beleive had worked. 

I was thinking either go for blooms or cannas boost 

And any other must products people recommend I'd like to hear. Play nicely lol

Thankyou 

I used the euro base and that did not go off. The seaweeds turn and go bad within two cycles I found. I also had great results with just the base feed and no additives . Do you use the same syringe for all bottles ? How do you measure I only mention it as cross contamination may happen to send the base bad 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 1

Hello Arthur, I have a 100ml syringe for the a & b, then I keep a 50ml syringe on top of each bottle. But I do kepe all my nutes on top of my radiator box I build which reaches 35 degrees atleast so I might of cooked it a little.. This is my 3rd bottle of b I've used and the 1st time something has happened to it. Plus I only do a res change once a week so the bottle is sat for a long time. Maybe I'll keep all my nutes in a box and give it a good shuffle around every other day. 

I'm not in a rush to check out with a basket as I'm 3 weeks away from harvest, it's just deciding how I can simplify and what nutes to cut out. 

I could stick to the bloom range and just use tha basics. 

@Leafneck I’ve been using buddhas tree for a couple years now could not fault them very good dilution rates on all there additives as well. Plus there customer service is above and beyond others in the game, also a English company. 

• Like 1