Slugs

Whambud

Not rained for a while... But in the back of my mind I must prepare for battle.

Slugs :( in the past I've used small silver pellets that supposedly cause them to die under ground also use copper tape... Didn't work that well so I'm wondering if anyone has anything in mind?

@BLhaze just before you say no I'm not interested in using a mini guillotine to decapitate slugs lol or any explosives for that matter haha

well then im all out of ideas.... Sike! 9v battery 2wires and abit of duct tape.. bobs ya uncle! theres a thread on here somewhere that shows this method.. canny remember who shared it but it works :yinyang: 

Edited by BLhaze
  • Like 1

If you were growing in pots then wd40 sprayed around the pot works and grease on the pot too, copper grease even better but it doesnt look like your in pots so

you could cut some large pots in half and use the top part of the pot to plant in the ground around the plant and put your wd40 or grease on those

you could try beer traps and try some different slug pellets maybe, the ones from B&Q work ok

• Like 1

Growing Success, Advanced Slug Killer.

I used to use this to protect my plants, including my Hosta's. Very effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLhaze said:

well then im all out of ideas.... Sike! 9v battery 2wires and abit of duct tape.. bobs ya uncle! theres a thread on here somewhere that shows this method.. canny remember who shared it but it works :yinyang: 

That sounds interesting! Mini electric fence

1 hour ago, Punk#1 said:

If you were growing in pots then wd40 sprayed around the pot works and grease on the pot too, copper grease even better but it doesnt look like your in pots so

you could cut some large pots in half and use the top part of the pot to plant in the ground around the plant and put your wd40 or grease on those

you could try beer traps and try some different slug pellets maybe, the ones from B&Q work ok

Cheers for that! Not heard of that method before actually! There should be some kind of spikey circle that stops them from climbing up without ending up in a 100 pieces lol

@Punk#1

@QFMAC

@BLhaze

Just seen this cone that looks alright seems to make it a tricky climb! Could use that with pellets wd40 and tape should be enough haha 

If all fails I'll hook up a car battery to some copper wire lol