Evoponic Liquid Ice

Crispy flannel

I came across this product and it claims to keep your plants happy in temps 30c+ has anyone here used it before and if so what were your results? 

Also is there any other products similar to this that actually work? 

I'll keep temps below 30oc using my own methods and save £19.99. 

Edited by Hone Heke
Gibberish typing
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Liquid Ice was developed by Evoponic at the University of Nottingham with the aid of hard-won Innovate UK funding. 

Capsicum (Bell) Peppers (the most heat sensitive crop we can grow) were studied in both greenhouse and growth room and varieties that normally wilt-out at 29C were growing productively at over 40C.

In the absence of heat stress (control plants), statistically significant yield responses were measured consistently. It is a biostimulant in addition to its beneficial effects on heat stress.

The effect is at the gene-expression level, and 176 of 35,500 genes measured were uniquely either down-regulated or up-regulated to create the results measured. The extent of up- or down-regulation was unprecedented, normally if it is possible to measure a 2-fold change in gene expression (and the mRNA test were confirmed with qPCR work) then that's a result. With Liquid Ice up to 8 x up-regulation and 9 x down-regulation were reliably and consistently measured. 

That's why it works so consistently well, lights can be closer to plants, fan speeds can be reduced, growth rates increased... even temperatures allowed to fall further overnight.

Real UK government-funded science by real scientists, endorsed by professionals who have used it.