bubble hash first attempt

Auto gorilla

Afternoon all. 
So from my last grow I saved all the lower buds which went straight into the freezer. And all the dry sugar leaf trim as there was quite a lot so thought why not that also went into the freezer separately. 
I’ve brought a set of bubble bags I believe it’s the 8 bag kit plus the washing machine to knock it all up in. 
This is my first time attempting to make ice hash, I’ve watch loads of videos online from frenchy cannoli so got a good idea of how to do. One question I’ve got is how bad is the smell when doing it all? Will it really kick up a stink As I don’t want to stink the neighbours out and being in a terraced house they are very close by both sides. 
thanks in advance. 

The water does stink a hell of lot but if you keep the windows and doors shut then it's no problem. Stick a scented candle/glade plugin on if you're still worried :idea:

It doesn't smell as much as having a spliff lets just say

• Like 3

@KC I thought the water might hold the smell down slightly, Yep I’ll shut everything up and fingers crossed it’s not too bad. If it’s not as bad as having a spliff then should be sweet cheers mate 

are you going to keep the hash seperate from each bag? or you going to mix them together?

if mixing together, its sooooo much easier to just use the 220. 160  and 45

i guess my tricomes were small, as i barely got anything in the 160 bag

i ended up with 1/2oz of pure melt hash :)

keep your spoon or knife in the freezer, its easier for scraping

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Subutai said:

are you going to keep the hash seperate from each bag? or you going to mix them together?

if mixing together, its sooooo much easier to just use the 220. 160  and 45

i guess my tricomes were small, as i barely got anything in the 160 bag

i ended up with 1/2oz of pure melt hash :)

keep your spoon or knife in the freezer, its easier for scraping

No 25?, I'd use the mix bag, then 160 then 25....sorry to jump in.

On 03/06/2020 at 8:20 AM, Farmer Fett said:

No 25?, I'd use the mix bag, then 160 then 25....sorry to jump in.

i dont think i used the 25 bag, i remember watching frenchies washing video and he said he never uses/keeps the 25 bag as it can have contaminates

but it was late at night a month ago and my memory isnt what it used to be lol

• Like 2

the 25 is ace, mind I've only got a 3 bag kit...220 for waste a 70 and a 25. When I used to separate them the 25micron produced a real black squidgy hash. I just mix em together now.

The washing machine with the big tea bag/pyramid bag makes things so much easier :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Subutai said:

i dont think i used the 25 bag, i remember watching frenchies washing video and he said he never uses/keeps the 25 bag as it can have contaminates

but it was late at night a month ago and my memory isnt what it used to be lol

I always use the 25, thats the gooey one for me. No point in throwing it away. Each to their own though, its all better than soapbar

default_lol.gif
default_lol.gif
  • Like 3

I’ll be using all the bags as it’s my first run I wanna see what sort of yield I can get from them then depending on what return I get I’ll see if it’s worth keeping them separate or mixing different grades together it’ll be another learning curve for me I’ve literally got everything just need to get a few bags of ice and I’m ready to go. I’ll get some pictures once I’m done. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well had my first attempt at making bubble hash and I’m pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I used the dry frozen trim from four plants there wasn’t even a great deal to be fair and I got quite a good return I think. I used 5 bags to collect it all ranging from 160 down to 25 it’s been drying the last 5 days and it’s looking good I’ve cut it up into powder I think another couple of days and I can try making some temple balls. How long do people usually dry it for before Heat pressing? Here’s what I got 

large.00165425-1389-4DE2-A940-F2AF6A7975F0.jpeg

• Like 9

I push mine through a metal sieve with the back of a tablespoon which removes a lot of the moisture, it then sits on paper over some paper towels for about 2 days. If you don't push it through a sieve i'd  imagine it takes a lot longer.

Looks like you had a good run :yep:

Edited by KC
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks @KC I will give that ago and try get the last bit of moisture out of it must be close to be able to turn into temple balls then. 

Evening all I’m after some information on how to turn my bubble into temple balls I was under the impression that once it’s dry I need to put it between something like plastic sheeting and roll it out with a glass bottle filled with hot water. I’ve been doing this for the last 20min and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all. Any tips would be highly appreciated thanks. 

Should do it pretty easily by hand in this weather especially, if the quality is good, low quality hash not so.

I don't know why everyone suddenly thinks Frenchy is the man, people have been pressing hash for years before him and sure will be long after  he's gone... 

I hand press all my hash, the good old fashion way, none of this frenchy  bollox needed lol 

• Like 3