Buffering Canna Coco Pro Plus

Caly

Hi All,

So I've been advised to buffer Canna Coco Pro Plus, even though it's been buffered and is ready to use out of the bag - Do most people do this? If so, is Canna's brand of Calmag ideal for this process?

Thanks

It doesn't need buffering like other forms of coco. I soak mine in a splash of root tonic and weak feed (around 0.7 EC) for cuts and seeds alike as there's no food for when then they need it. 

I generally don't use Calmag until after first transplant, and only because my water is very soft. 

Do you know the background EC of your water? 

2 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

Do you know the background EC of your water? 

I measured my EC out of the tap yesterday and it was 0.5

• Like 1

At that background EC there should be enough between your water and what's in your feed (assuming your nute company doesn't leave it out for £££).

I was always told to keep pH 5.8 in veg, but I find pH 6.4 is the sweet spot for max Mg and Ca uptake. 

In my experience it's usually other factors affecting uptake such as temps, too much light (especially with LEDs), needing a pot-up etc. 

My background is 0.18 EC and I'm in the process of omitting it all together. 

• Like 2