First Grow coco questions

MR_R

Hello!

Im doing my first ever grow and cant get many answers to my questions.

i was thinking of doing 3 plants as my first try.

my questions are the following:

I was thinking of using CANNA Coco Professional Plus do i need to buffer, wash, treat or anything to it? or is it ready to use?

is CANNA Coco Professional Plus fine from seed till the end? 

Im sure i will need to use perlite but at what ratio? seen people saying 70/30?  60/40?

what should be the feeds etc from germination to flower and what feed? canna coco A & B ? Calmag? etc

recommendations for pot sizes ?

Thank you! 

Edited by MR_R

You don’t need perlite, coco is fine without it.  Get reading and check out the coco thread and a few diaries to hone your own way of growing.  Good luck with the flowers. :)

Hi mate, all of my grows including my very first have been with Canna coco. It is ready to use from the bag, and fine from seedling thru to harvest. I usually use root riot cubes to germ. Coco is a much less dense medium than soil so no perlite is necessary. Pot size really depends on how big your space is? A+B feed works well (if you start at 1/4 of recommended ratios & increase gradually) but adding calmag is a must to avoid deficiencies during veg. One big ball-ache saving hack was when i discovered that using rain water instead of hard (7.6!) tap water meant no PH adjustment or EC monitoring was necessary...just mix it up, shake like a cocktail (to oxygenate!) and pour!

All the best dude, its a learning curve for sure and the margin for error is greater than soil, but the faster veg & bigger yields are defo worth it.

• Like 1