Dripper set up

Gasman420

Evening everyone! Currently looking into buying a dripper system as hand watering is very quickly becoming a massive chore. Just got a couple questions if anyone could help me as have never actually seen a dripper set up in person so not quite sure on the ins and outs

When do people generally start with the drippers? Can you start from early veg and just alter feed timings or should you wait later until say rooted final pot?

I will be running, 12 plants but split over 2 tents, 8 in a 1.2x2.4 and 4 in a 1.2x1.2. Is it possible to split 1 system (tank, brain etc) over 2 tents? Or do all the trays have to be lined up connected to each other so to speak. If so what size tank should i be looking at for 12 plants? 

• Like 1

@Gasman420 you could run two separate pumps to feed lines to either tent, the waste back to the brain can be fed back to the brain as there’s loads of returns. My lot when they was real small hand fed them, then when they was a little more situated started giving them runs through the drippers mate 

• Like 1

I hand feed initially but you can auto feed whenever you feel like it's a chore. You could run them all from one if you have a big pump but all lines have to be the same length to make sure the amount of feed is equal to every plant so take this in to consideration. Do you have two extractions?

Edited by ilikebigbuds
  • Like 1

Great thanks guys. Yes i have 2 extractions a 6” in the 1.2 and an 8” in the 2.4. Right ok i didnt know i had to take line length into consideration cheers mate

• Like 1

Guest icki

One Rez will do 2 tents if the plants are all on the same lighting regime.200 litres is a good size...

And this should help.