Newbie Pest Help

Deltron

Can anyone tell me what this is on my leaves please? Looks like white specks of dust, and sometimes I swear I see tiny white flies or specks of dust round my grow when I first enter it. 

The bottom leaves of my grow are all brown and dead and falling off, but the top growth is fresh and healthy green. 

I have looked for ages online but the have no idea still what it could be. It's driving me insane! This is my first grow ever and I'm gutted now lol.

large.20200522_110006-min.jpg

I don't know what the problem is, or even if there is a problem. Maybe it really is dust? Have you tried a microscope to get a better view? 

Bottom leaves often brown and fall off. They're usually blocked from the light by the upper growth, so the plant decides they're useless. Don't worry about them. If the new growth is healthy that's what matters. You won't be growing buds down by the dead leaves anyway. 

My advice would be relax. Listen to some quality Deltron tunes, and let them grow. Most people worry about every little leaf on their first grow. There's thousands of posts on here from first timers with none existent problems. It's perfectly natural to worry, but once you have a few under your belt you'll see how hardy they are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

Are you sure thats weed your growing, Dont recognise that leaf structure at all

Are you sure your on the right web site?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, someone said:

I don't know what the problem is, or even if there is a problem. Maybe it really is dust? Have you tried a microscope to get a better view? 

Bottom leaves often brown and fall off. They're usually blocked from the light by the upper growth, so the plant decides they're useless. Don't worry about them. If the new growth is healthy that's what matters. You won't be growing buds down by the dead leaves anyway. 

Not sure at all mate lol, don't have a microscope. I've been zooming in with the camera on my S20 up to 10x and looking through that; about the best I can do lol. 

I did wonder about this, if it was just lack of light. 

56 minutes ago, someone said:

My advice would be relax. Listen to some quality Deltron tunes, and let them grow. Most people worry about every little leaf on their first grow. There's thousands of posts on here from first timers with none existent problems. It's perfectly natural to worry, but once you have a few under your belt you'll see how hardy they are. 

Thanks for the re assurance, good to see another Deltron fan too! This forum seems to love their Music!

38 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

Are you sure thats weed your growing, Dont recognise that leaf structure at all

As I said above, I zoomed in with my phone brother. That is just one blade of a fan leaf. There are 4 more of those on that particular leaf. 

I'm not sure to be honest but I think some would say mineral deposits from a humidifier, if you're not using RO water. 

Are you using a humidifier?

Edited by QFMAC

1 minute ago, QFMAC said:

I'm not sure to be honest but I think some would say mineral deposits from a humidifier, if you're not using RO water. 

Are you using a humidifier?

No mate, no humidifier but my hygrometer is always within 30%-50% and I'm still in veg. As for water, I just bottle it up and leave it out for 48 hours. Read somewhere that doing that makes it good for plants? New growth looks amazing, no problems, just the bottom shit. Literally falling off dead.

8 minutes ago, Deltron said:

No mate, no humidifier but my hygrometer is always within 30%-50% and I'm still in veg. As for water, I just bottle it up and leave it out for 48 hours. Read somewhere that doing that makes it good for plants? New growth looks amazing, no problems, just the bottom shit. Literally falling off dead.

I use Ecothrive Neutralise for my water. It works on both chlorine and chloramine. It's organic.

Standing the water or bubble air method does not work on chloramine.

One drop per ltr and no need to wait, just use immediately. I use 22c water personally.

As for your problem  it doesn't look like powdery mildew, more like dust?

Are your passive intakes clean?

Edited by QFMAC
  • Like 1

Im sliding under my desk and having another dab. I was looking at it as a whole leaf. Im wasted, its Friday lol

What are you growing in - soil - coco - other? Ive had small gnats before in soil, thats why i moved to coco. As someone said, as long as the top sides of the leafs are healthy I wouldn't worry.

Ill start posting some grow pics later and redeem myself lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QFMAC said:

I use Ecothrive Neutralise for my water. It works on both chlorine and chloramine. It's organic.

Standing the water or bubble air method does not work on chloramine.

One drop per ltr and no need to wait, just use immediately. I use 22c water personally.

As for your problem  it doesn't look like powdery mildew, more like dust?

Are your passive intakes clean?

I'll check them and see if can see anything. I never thought to look to be honest. 

Thank you for this heads up about chloramine. This is my first time hearing about this so now I'll have a bong and delve in to Youtube and Google. Much love man, truly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

Im sliding under my desk and having another dab. I was looking at it as a whole leaf. Im wasted, its Friday lol

What are you growing in - soil - coco - other? Ive had small gnats before in soil, thats why i moved to coco. As someone said, as long as the top sides of the leafs are healthy I wouldn't worry.

Ill start posting some grow pics later and redeem myself lol

lol to be honest mate I didn't make it very clear either haha. I was half blazed and half pissed off after looking at my plant when I posted the photo, and wanted answers fast lol.

It's ready to flick to flower but I didn't want to if this was a pest issue. Guess I'll do it tomorrow, clean the grow out just in case first! I'll check your thread out, I'm still new here but tag me if you can somehow? I'll check it out Peace.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FAST ANSWERS GUYS I FEEL BETTER LOL.

• Like 1