Dinamed Auto odour test guerrilla grow

Amazonka

The Background
I am doing a guerrilla grow on my property. So I need to hide the girls. Sight is no problem, there are plenty of weeds with green leaves, mainly nettles. it is the smell that is the biggest worry for me with a guerrilla grow.

Some youth take a short cut between villages through my neighbour’s property and a part of the path passes close to my property. No one comes on my side, … but if one of these guys gets a whiff, … then things may change.

Most advice/opinions are subjective and are difficult to interpret into my personal context. What is a weak smell? What is a strong smell? Roses growing on the patio have a “strong” smell, but that perfume disappears if I stand on the lawn.

If I stand outside the goats’ paddock when my buck is in rut, I can catch a whiff, but can go to Tesco without changing my clothes. Is that a “weak” smell? However if I go into the paddock and the guy rubs his scent glands on my clothes, then I come out of that paddock with a definite smell. I have to change clothes before going to Tesco, or I would pong the place out smelling like a horny goat. Is that now a “strong” smell?

I occasionally feed the foxes on my property. In the morning when I fetch the bowl it is often marked by their pee and/or poo. After rinsing the bowl in the river, I am enveloped in an aura of a potent pungent power pong. Although I don’t touch any pee or poo this tends to cling, and even if I leave the bowl outside, the pong stays with me when I go inside. Going to Tescos with this is even more potent than my goat’s pong. I would say this is definitely a “strong” smell.

These smells are “weak” compared to the smell emanating from my neighbour’s field when he does his annual pig poo manure fertilizing of his fields. Now that is “strong.” The whole countryside is enveloped in that pong.

My experience from marijuana is from the 60s and early 70s. The main strain I knew back then was a Durban Poison type of plants. The variety available today is mind boggling. So I am like a first time grower.

Since I have to experience what today’s plants smell like myself, I am using this first year as an experimental year to gain experience of smells at the different stages of flowering. I chose Dinmed CBD Auto, as this seemed to meet my needs. Then when Mark suggested Dinamed Kush CBD Auto I bought that strain as well. To be able to get an idea of the strength of smell I chose 3 other low odour strains. I am growing one plant of each: Northern Light Auto, Ruderalis Indica, and Durban Poison.

1st Problem
I planned the growing season based on the statistical average temperatures from previous years. The trouble with statistics in they work as an average, but not as a specific for “one.” So although the 1st of May might have seemed ideal based on 200 years of may 1st, this year was a statistical outlier. Some days have been up to 8C below the statistical average for the day.

There is another problem. Weather forecasts can be fairly reliable for three to five days, but after that it is speculation based on statistics. I am having a problem with statistics this year.

Anyway, I germinated the seeds OK, but then the weather took a turn for the worse. Some Polar Vortex thingy sent cold air down our way. There has been a decent amount of sunlight, but the temperatures have been generally below 15C. That may be the explanation for the 2nd problem.

2nd Problem
The Dinamed CBD Auto and Northern light have been growing slower than expected, but are both at the 3rd leaf nodes after nearly three weeks. The Durban Poison is budding the third node (I can see a tiny leaf trying to poke out}.

The problem is with the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto. I suspect she is not too impressed by the weather. She is the same age, but looks like a mini bonsai. Her cotyledon is a quarter the size of the Dinamed CBD Auto cotyledons, and even smaller than that compared to the Ruderalis Indica’s cotyledons.

She has the first leaves out, but they are minute. She is not even 1cm. Only 8 mm are sticking out the ground.

Dinamed Kush CBD Auto solution
In a week or so the weather should be better, so the next Dinamed CBD Kush Auto will be germinated and hopefully will get a better start to life. The next Dinamed CBD Auto will go into the ground at the same time.

I will leave this particular mini bonsai plant and see what will happen.

It will be interesting to see if if these plants will have a delayed development going over their usual period, or if they will merely have a low yield. Time will tell.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2020 at 0:55 PM, Amazonka said:

Dinamed Kush CBD Auto solution
In a week or so the weather should be better, so the next Dinamed CBD Kush Auto will be germinated and hopefully will get a better start to life. The next Dinamed CBD Auto will go into the ground at the same time.

This grow look to have the potential to be a fun one :)

Have you got anyway to get pictures up? Then we can see your outdoor adventure with our pure CBD Kush Auto? 

I'll keep popping in as you update this diary  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark...

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The mini bonsai Dinamed Kush CBD Auto looks like this at qne month:

large.DMKCA_day_29.jpg

She is still hanging in there. She's a tough girl.

the Dinamed CBD Auto has some yellow leaves because I watered wit rainwater that had stood a while without checking the pH. The normal rainwater is OK to use as is, but for some reason this water was pH 8. So the poor plant was shocked. The next morning, when I realised what I had done, I flushed it with pH 6.2 water, and the leaves that came after this incident look OK.

large.DMCA_day_29.jpg

I have now got the next two, one each Dinamed CBD Auto, and Dinamed Kush CBD Auto growing. They both popped up to the surface 5 days after planting.

Hoping that I will get it right with these two.

Edited by Amazonka
Forgot the second picture
  • Like 1

I will be following the development of the smell of these plants.

At the moment the little Dinamed Kush CBD Auto doesn't smell. The Dinamed CBD Auto is developing an aroma. It is weaker than my spearmint, but still quite noticeable. It is similar to one of the smells I pick up while scything in my orchard.

I have not been able to identify which plant has that particular smell. When I smell each specific leaf I don't notice this smell, but when the bouquet of scythed weeds' aroma wafts up I pick out this smell.

I think it is ground elder, but am not sure. Ground elder shares some terpenes with the Dinamed.

So that's where it is after a month: a pleasant aroma, weaker than spearmint, but no trace of a "marijuana smell."

• Like 1

Dinamed CBD is awesome !    i only grow outdoors and tend to neglect te plants by working away from home but the Dinamed seems to thrive regardless. 

I have found 3 phenos from previous grows, please note i dont lst or top,  the 3 phenos i find are -

A tall single cola dark color and very minimal smell, this gives a very mild head effect.

A short bushy stinky pheno that really packs a punch !    Im a lightweight :)   

A tall bushy pheno that smells a little in early flower then fades, this gives almost no head effect.

All finished product cures to a wonderful product and the smell returns.   

Will dig out pics.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldFord said:

Dinamed CBD is awesome !    i only grow outdoors and tend to neglect te plants by working away from home but the Dinamed seems to thrive regardless. 

I have found 3 phenos from previous grows, please note i dont lst or top,  the 3 phenos i find are -

A tall single cola dark color and very minimal smell, this gives a very mild head effect.

A short bushy stinky pheno that really packs a punch !    Im a lightweight :)   

A tall bushy pheno that smells a little in early flower then fades, this gives almost no head effect.

All finished product cures to a wonderful product and the smell returns.   

Will dig out pics.  

Thanks for that info.

• Like 1

@OldFord Thanks for that added info mate  :yep:

On 06/06/2020 at 5:36 AM, Amazonka said:

I think it is ground elder, but am not sure. Ground elder shares some terpenes with the Dinamed.

Interesting  :headbang:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2020 at 9:43 PM, Amazonka said:

Thanks for that info.

No probs.    This is one of this years tall lanky plants, been topped once,  as per the phenos i quoted above this one has zero smell.   

She has just started and seems rather happy in full sun, the area shes in normally gets full sun all day and very few plants can take it but shes thriving on it !    Did well in the same spot last year too.  :)  Not the best pics but just to give you an idea ,  large_025.JPGlarge_023.JPGlarge_023.JPGlarge_022.JPGlarge_021.JPGlarge_020.JPGwill update later with decent pics.   

I have a weight from a garden parasol to pin the pot down,  used them for years and work wonders.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So far only a nice pleasant smell. I have 2 Dinameds at 70-days-old and 2 at 40-days-old. Each pair is a Dinamed CBD Auto and Dinamed Kush CBD Aoto.

There are other weeds that these Dinameds are growing among that smell stronger than they do.

So, so far no problem. They seem like the perfect strains for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An update. My 1st grow are 91 days old. My second pair are 60 days old. My 3rd grow is 25 days old.

The 1st Dinamed Kush CBD Auto suffered during May from the cold weather, then she has been mutilated numerous times by slugs and snails. Recently she was defoliated and then topped above the 1st node. I don't have much experience growing cannabis The main purpose of this 1st grow is to get experience. As I understand cannabis, topping is from the 3rd node up, and the 1st node is where popcorn buds can develop. Also the plant needs leaves to get energy from the sun. One thing I know for sure is that her harvest is not going into the Guinness Book of Records. There is so little growth left in her old age that I have put her somewhere safe from snails and slugs, and pensioned her. She can now live out her natural life in peace. There is so little left of her, there is not much to smell.

The Dinamed CBD Auto has done better and her smell is something I can write about.

I am not like a wine tester. I don't describe smells as a fruity citrus with a hint of juniper pine, or something like that. I describe smells in terms like: pong, stink, odour, smell, aroma, fragrance, etc.

The Dinamed CBD Auto has a distinctive smell. I enjoy sitting next to her and meditating. The feeling I experience when I do this is Peace.

The initial smell was similar to smells I have noticed at a number of places on my property. Usually during scything. The smell developed during the flower phase and I use words like fragrance and aroma to describe her smell. I don't smell them outside of the nettle patch, but when I get to the open spot in the middle of the patch, that's when I notice the fragrance.

I cut the 1st Dinamed CBD Auto down too early. I am experimenting, and since it wasn't a "perfect" grow, I took the the opportunity to experience an early cut from her. Only a few trichomes were starting to turn cloudy. The 2nd grow will be harvested when the trichomes are cloudy. The fragrance became more intense, but was not a problem for me. Hanging it in the living room might have been a tad intense, but my draughty woodshed was perfect.

The 2nd grow at 60 days old, I experience similarly to the 1st grow. I need to experience harvesting and drying of that grow, and the 3rd grow before I have a definite opinion on the "odour" of these 2 strains.But so far so good. These Dinameds are, in my opinion, low odour strains with peaceful fragrances.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...