RDWC with Root Misting set up

QQ710

It wouldnt be a big job to convert if you need to,  1/4" male thread to 1/4" pushfit adapters, tee`s and some tubing.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, argosthewizard said:

Cheers @QuintinQuick, interested to see what you've got going on - I do like a bit of DIY.

Hi Argos argosthewizard - thanks for your updates and photos - sorry for the delay - work picked up and life just got in the way of my new hobby!!

Pics below of my veg set up - it has space for 16 small plants, twice as many as in flowering area but wanted the space to grow from regular seeds and room to keep 1 or 2 small mums, also to set off some other vegetables to grow alongside my 'Jamaican Tomatoes".

These are my basic pots, theres another tank on the right with 4 mesh pots - I added the 14cm dia pipe sections to lift the plants giving more space for the roots.

large.DSC_3557.JPG

Inside the tanks I fixed a cheap misting kit, that will be operated by a timer delay relay and a small pump - waiting for a 15mm to 1/4" fitting to get the mist/spray running.

large.DSC_3551.JPG

My chiller :)

and inline header tank - theres a larger tank above for mixing and top up.

Ive since changed the hose and fixed it properly.

large.DSC_3552.JPG

Hi Geo - thanks for the photos and updates - those roots are looking very healthy - they look moist without being wet :) nice!

Im gunna start a diary later and will add a link below.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 0:09 PM, badbillybob said:

lets get a look at your system please?

Hi Bill,

Pics above of work so far.

Good luck with your new project - 1KG from 1KW/1plant - nice dude :)

• Like 1

looks good, just to let you know, that the garden hose your using leeches chemicals into the water, or so i was told.

You would be better off with the rubber, food grade hose mate, but it looks like a killer set up, i like it.

there are 2 types, go with the soft one,its  easier to get on to connectors 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

looks good, just to let you know, that the garden hose your using leeches chemicals into the water, or so i was told.

Thanks Bill - I have changed the hose, but to another type of cheap garden hose from Screwfix.

I'll get some rubber hosing and change soon.

• 2 months later...

Hi @gavlp20

Have been very happy running with RDWC - got my hands full actually :)

The misting pump was useless and its replacement is a regrettable AliBaba purchase that still hasn't arrived from China!

I plan to get the misting sprayers up and running next year.

I did use an aeroponic propagator - its meant for clones but works OK with rooted on seeds too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QuintinQuick said:

Hi @gavlp20

Have been very happy running with RDWC - got my hands full actually :)

The misting pump was useless and its replacement is a regrettable AliBaba purchase that still hasn't arrived from China!

I plan to get the misting sprayers up and running next year.

I did use an aeroponic propagator - its meant for clones but works OK with rooted on seeds too.

I have just build a flood and drain out of a old 8 pot Wilma system but it’s a bit of a pain I need like 60l just to fill it which means my res is stupid might be ok when the chamber is full of roots but was thinking of just using some misters then it will drain back to the res 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 0:12 AM, gavlp20 said:

using some misters then it will drain back to the res 

Good idea - keen to know how you get on.