Help wiring a prima controller

murran

Hi ther ive just bought a prima Klima klc-2m and i need a bit of help wiring it up .It has instructions with it but they dont say which terminal is live and which is neutral.If some one could have a look and help that would be great.

post-3875-1116155593.jpgThese are the instructions i got with it.

post-3875-1116155627.jpgpost-3875-1116155668.jpg And pictures showing the block connector

Thanks for your time

Murran :spliff:

Hi ther ive just bought a prima Klima klc-2m and i need a bit of help wiring it up .It has instructions with it but they dont say which terminal is live and which is neutral.If some one could have a look and help that would be great.

post-3875-1116155593.jpgThese are the instructions i got with it.

post-3875-1116155627.jpgpost-3875-1116155668.jpg And pictures showing the block connector

Thanks for your time

Murran :spliff:

359245[/snapback]

Hi Murran ;)

i got one of these just poped the lid off n had a peek

if you look on the pcb above the block connector you will see

they are numbered 1 thru 6

1 and 2 are for fan 1

3 and 4 are the mains

5 and 6 are for fan 2

wire the brown wire for fan 1 to pin 1 on block connector, the blue wire for fan 1 to pin 2 on block connector

wire the brown wire for fan 2 to pin 5 on block connector, the blue wire from fan 2 to pin 6 on block connector

pins 3 and 4 are the mains in pin 3 is neutral(blue) pin 4 is live (brown)

pins layout 1 2 3 4 5 6

L N N L L N

Hope this helps you ;)

remember to earth everything, and if unsure how to wire it or dont get my explanation please get a sparkie in to do it for you, water n leccy aint friendly

Nice one.Got it :smoke: .

How do i earth everything As there is no space for a earth on the unit?I was just going to use twin cable to wire it up.Is that ok?

Thanks for the instructions on the wiring.

Murran :blub:

Nice one.Got it :yinyang: .

How do i earth everything As there is no space for a earth on the unit?I was just going to use twin cable to wire it up.Is that ok?

Thanks for the instructions on the wiring.

Murran :wassnnme:

359293[/snapback]

Hi Murran :yinyang:

yea you could use the 2 core cable but i like to play safe (stoner)

my units the same no terminal for earths, i used 3 core for both fans and mains the 3 earths in box i just joined together,the mains in is earthed at power point

on the fans i use i have earths but if your fans have a metal body connect the earth to it or connect it to your ducting ect, basicaly your trying to keep everything earthed so in the event of any problems its safe

JS :headpain:

what exactly do them there controllers control :guitar: and Murran is that really the instructions that come with it lol

Felon

what exactly do them there controllers control  :guitar: and Murran is that really the instructions that come with it  lol

Felon

359565[/snapback]

the controller is basicaly 2 fan speed controllers with a thermostat

one channel controlls the intake fan other channell controlls extraction fan

you can set the fans to run at a slow idle then if your room hits the temp

you set they run gradualy faster untill room has cooled back down

the one i have is second hand without instructions also

you could use 2 dimmer switches a room stat and 2 relays to do the same

cost loads less but id imagine the wattage to be a problem on larger fans

JS lol

Edited by jakstak

Yes mate ,

those were the the instructions,clear as mud :headpain:

I got the unit new and thought the instructions would be a bit clearer ;)

thanks for the help Jakstak.

Murran ;)

Guest nigfis

Here ya go Murran. lol I opened it up for a look-see and labelled the wires...... Hope this helps. lol

post-3122-1116261852.jpg

Here ya go Murran. :guitar: I opened it up for a look-see and labelled the wires...... Hope this helps. :war:

359973[/snapback]

Hiya i noticed your pic was wired different from mine, the mains is the otherway round on mine as i said in diagram, i saw that last night but waited to post as i wasnt sure, ive just stripped the unit and tested it wired both ways!!, wired like yours the fuses meter as neutral wired as my drawin they show a live, wich id imagine they would be, but you never know and as its alternating current prob dont matter

stay safe

JS :spliff:

Guest nigfis

Thanks for that Jackstak,

I'll check mine out tomorrow too............. You may very well be right...