How to extract gooey rosin from hash?

Absurdist

When I use hair straighteners to squish bud it comes out gooey and quite easy to handle. Excessive pressure or high temperatures gives more of a shatter consistency, which I find very hard to collect without using heat to soften.

When I use bubble hash I always get a shatter consistency even at low times and temperatures.

Any tricks to get gooey rosin from bubble hash?

@Absurdist

To get the goo, its all about low pressure, temps and timings. Using hair straighteners is far from ideal if you after gooey rosin because of the shear inconsistencies you will get between each press. No two presses will be the same unless you are using a dedicated rosin press which you can obviously program the pressure, temps and timings :yep: 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

If you're pressing something like bubble you have to be aware that many of the terpenes which cause the rosin to be wet have long since evaporated..unless you are using freeze driers and such and running fresh flowers, by the time the bubble has dried enough for you to press it you're going to end up with either a glassy texture or pliable at best. I don't bother pressing bubble unless I've been able to collect it from fresh plants and dry it very quickly.

• Like 3

@The lone stoner Good information thanks. I had surmised that a lack of terps was the issue, but assumed it was down to my method. I hadn't considered that they may already have left my starting material.

I had assumed that the terps would be to an extent locked inside the trichome heads. From what you're saying I may have assumed wrong.

@Lennon so method may also be to blame. I did give these about a minute at setting 2 which is the minimum. Previously  with buds I had been using shorter times.

I've got a load more bubble so will reload and try again once I've either consumed all this shatter  or pinged it over my garage floor while trying to consume it.

Actually having thought this over I think the terps are gone, because there reason I stopped early with the bud was that I saw and smelt terps being released. I wasn't getting that even after a minute on the bubble.

Thanks again both for your input. 

Terpenes aren't entirely encapsulated within the trichomes or grows wouldn't smell. Some plants will leave visible sheen on the fingers if touched, which is terpenes. Anecdotally I find those plants a bitch to make stable rosin or hash from, and whilst I enjoy the flavours I steer away from them. Most cheese cuts and the gg#4 make rosin so water like in consistency that it's a bastard to collect.